Respected Contributor

What are these pearls called from other pearl sellers?  I seem to remember a lot of discussion when these pearls first showed up on the Q, but I can't remember what else they are called.  I took a chance on the expensive greay ming pearls when they were on six payments, got them yesterday, and SUPER-ICK, they are horrible, and going back tomorrow!  I'm giving up on Honora's version, but if I could find that metallic gloss on pearls that didn't look like what a cat coughed up I would be a happy camper, but I can't remember what else these pearls are called.  TIA to any pearl experts who can answer my question!

Contributor

I recall seeing the term "Edison" pearls, but they may not be the same as Honora's ming pearls.

Esteemed Contributor

I've also seen them referred to as "genesis" pearls on another shopping channel.

Esteemed Contributor

If you want something that approximates King look for Shell Pearls (insert mm desired) on Bay. These are made of ground up shell and imperfect pearl and they look as good as Mikimoto ( I have both).  So for under $50 you can get a knotted strand in any mm.

Respected Contributor

Thanks to everyone who answered, I'll search for your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Esmerelda steered me onto these over a year ago, I think, from JTV.  They were called Genusis pearls (note spelling) and the host made reference to the fact they have another name.  Edison, I think.  I'm not a big pearl wearer except for bracelets.  I love these.  I even sprung for a couple from Honora I wear together in different lengths.  Let's hope she sees your post and answers, she's very good with pearl info.