Esteemed Contributor

I live in the southeast and receive items fairly quickly from Rue. I pay $9.95 and then get free shipping for the next 30 days, but I've never found anything in that 30-day period to use the free shipping offer. My last purchase was a pair of Cole Haan suede boots. Love them! I also bought a Coach purse, a Madame Alexander doll, some sheets, and a Judith Ripka pendant. I've seen lots of Honora and Judith Ripka boutiques.

I haven't purchased any clothing from them, but I've been tempted. Every once in awhile they have a handbag sale with big name brands, but after looking closely in the description, I found that they were used bags. They also have big name jewelry items (Tiffany, Cartier, Chanel, etc.) from estate sales. Overall, I think there are some good deals, but personally I don't want to pay that much for a used handbag.

The biggest complaint I have is that their website often can't handle the traffic at peak hours. I've called their customer service about it, and they said they are aware of the issue. At the time, I was going to buy a piece of furniture but a Lilly Pulitzer boutique opened up. Customer service said to expect long wait periods when LP boutiques go live. I ended up missing out on the furniture because by the time I got logged in, it was sold out. If you see what you like, grab it because it may not last long.

Super Contributor

I also receive my items pretty quickly and I'm in the midwest. I agree with wildcat that 1) do NOT snooze. If you see something, snag it right away. Since they only charge $9.95 once, then anything else is free shipping for the next 30 days, grab that first item and check out. And 2) that the website cannot always handle all the traffic and bogs down horribly, if not totally tanks for awhile.

Once you're signed up and check the upcoming boutiques, you can sign up for email reminders of specific upcoming ones and they'll remind you a few days ahead of time.

Super Contributor

I didn't know Lily Pullitzer was so popular.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/9/2014 wildcat fan said:

I live in the southeast and receive items fairly quickly from Rue. I pay $9.95 and then get free shipping for the next 30 days, but I've never found anything in that 30-day period to use the free shipping offer. My last purchase was a pair of Cole Haan suede boots. Love them! I also bought a Coach purse, a Madame Alexander doll, some sheets, and a Judith Ripka pendant. I've seen lots of Honora and Judith Ripka boutiques.

I haven't purchased any clothing from them, but I've been tempted. Every once in awhile they have a handbag sale with big name brands, but after looking closely in the description, I found that they were used bags. They also have big name jewelry items (Tiffany, Cartier, Chanel, etc.) from estate sales. Overall, I think there are some good deals, but personally I don't want to pay that much for a used handbag.

The biggest complaint I have is that their website often can't handle the traffic at peak hours. I've called their customer service about it, and they said they are aware of the issue. At the time, I was going to buy a piece of furniture but a Lilly Pulitzer boutique opened up. Customer service said to expect long wait periods when LP boutiques go live. I ended up missing out on the furniture because by the time I got logged in, it was sold out. If you see what you like, grab it because it may not last long.

I've had a similar experience with the Rue website bogging down, and also had it on Haute, too. You give good advice--if you see it and you want it, grab it if you can because it will for sure be gone when you try later. I bought quite a few things as Christmas gifts there--a silk shirt for DH and cashmere sweaters for friends at a STEAL! Also bought a few jewelry items for myself. Never have been able to complete a purchase on Haute--always gets hung up and I've missed a couple of cute gold earrings on there because of that.

Super Contributor

RE Rue, looking at the Tacori boutique ... it's a shame they are no longer on QVC. Really pretty things, made in California, of all places.