Super Contributor

Re: Honora going cheap....(spoiler alert - this is only my opinion)

On 4/16/2014 Pagan said:

I rather like the idea of ladies fighting with pearls.

We could load them in pop guns and fire them at each other.

We could arm ourselves with mings and declare war on the People's Republic of Ripka.

Super Contributor

No worse than all the other stupid, pointless things that get fought about on here{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I want the BLUE corner...

Trusted Contributor

The only glass pearls I like are the Jackie Kennedy three strand pearls which are actually made from pearl dust (I think). I'll take Honora pearls any day. I have some Honora which are absolutely stunning. Yes, the one necklace is bronze with white stick pearls and is the most gorgeous pearl necklace I own. I really don't care that it's made from bronze. It's substantial looking. If you look on the web site, there are many different price levels of Honora pearls. If you want a strand of traditional, they are there. I really don't care for the look of traditional strands that much. They seem too old. I prefer the more modern designs. If some of you hate the bright colors and just want white strands, that's fine. Go to it. They are here on QVC, or on the Honora site, or anywhere you choose.

I'm sure there are many opportunities to buy pearls in Hawaii. Where I live, there are pearl items in jewelry stores just like the Honora styles and they cost 4 X as much as what they cost here. There are jewelry trends. QVC and Honora don't create the trends. If you go to B&M stores, you see bronze jewelry everywhere.

Many of us think ringed pearls are very pretty. I have white Honora ones in a 36 inch necklace and they just glow. I don't like when they are dyed badly and the dye "pools" in the rings. Quality control should catch that. But I'm not going to badmouth every item Honora designs. I think they offer many beautiful items.

Valued Contributor

I was just looking at jewelry on eBay - saw some ""Honora style"" - new w/tags? LOL

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 misschristy said:

The only glass pearls I like are the Jackie Kennedy three strand pearls which are actually made from pearl dust (I think). I'll take Honora pearls any day. I have some Honora which are absolutely stunning. Yes, the one necklace is bronze with white stick pearls and is the most gorgeous pearl necklace I own. I really don't care that it's made from bronze. It's substantial looking. If you look on the web site, there are many different price levels of Honora pearls. If you want a strand of traditional, they are there. I really don't care for the look of traditional strands that much. They seem too old. I prefer the more modern designs. If some of you hate the bright colors and just want white strands, that's fine. Go to it. They are here on QVC, or on the Honora site, or anywhere you choose.

I'm sure there are many opportunities to buy pearls in Hawaii. Where I live, there are pearl items in jewelry stores just like the Honora styles and they cost 4 X as much as what they cost here. There are jewelry trends. QVC and Honora don't create the trends. If you go to B&M stores, you see bronze jewelry everywhere.

Many of us think ringed pearls are very pretty. I have white Honora ones in a 36 inch necklace and they just glow. I don't like when they are dyed badly and the dye "pools" in the rings. Quality control should catch that. But I'm not going to badmouth every item Honora designs. I think they offer many beautiful items.

No one is bad mouthing Honora. They DO offer a wide variety of prices and styles, some are fabulous quality and some not. I own several items myself. Some bought at the Q, some bought at Dept stores.The ones offered lately do not seem as quality as past. BUT isn't that like just about everything else?. As far as bronze, I myself have not seen bronze offered at the dept stores as "fine" jewelery. I see it every once in a while but as strictly "costume" and with a much smaller price point than the Q. Maybe it is just not popular in all parts of the country. I see nothing wrong with offering ALL kinds of metals and stones, at every price point. sometimes you want to spend alot and have quality, sometimes, you just want a little something to wear casually.

Super Contributor

I have several pairs of earrings from Honora, some pearl studs and a pair of sterling pearl station drop earrings, all white. My favorite pearl earrings from Q however, are a pair from Ireland, a silver trinity knot with a white topaz and a white freshwater pearl dangling from it. It's a very small and dainty pair, and actually my favorite pair of pearl earrings overall. I've also gotten some very pretty pearl earrings from Or Paz.

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 wowee said:

No one is bad mouthing Honora.

Oh. I didn't know ""cheap"" is now a compliment.

Super Contributor

I am really surprised the title of the OP's Post mentioning the word "Cheap" didn't get more negative responses.

Honora as well as other designers offer fashion Jewelry & yes the cost is rising but on the other hand there are people who cannot afford Fine Jewelry (gold, platinum) or expensive pearls for goodness sakes & some who just prefer a more a more modern twist to the usual classic pearl.

I just think Honora is appealing to a broader market & to call the Co. "Cheap" wasn't necessary & is insulting to people who do like different metals & dyed pearls. JMO...

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 ennui1 said:
On 4/16/2014 wowee said:

No one is bad mouthing Honora.

Oh. I didn't know "cheap" is now a compliment.

CHEAP was refering to SOME of the latest offerings. ONLY, NOT THE WHOLE LINE...We do so many on here feel the need to twist words around?

Frequent Contributor

I have been feeling the same way with Honora. I love the colors but like others have said, I can find the same quality elsewhere for less money which is why I haven't been buying as much.