Respected Contributor

Honora bracelet that matches past TSV

Does anyone know if Honora (or the Q) ever plan to reorder J285161 in the white bronze? I have been waiting since I received the TSV but it seems to be "no longer available". It sold out in the white SO fast I thought it would return since it matched the TSV. I asked CS but they were no help. TIA.

Super Contributor

Re: Honora bracelet that matches past TSV

OH silky, you just hit on my hearbreak. I had a wait list order in since it was first offered last Sept., and it was just canceled at the end of Jan. after 4 months, with the Q saying they could not get more inventory. I'm just so bummed. I bought all 3 colors of the necklace and bracelets, but now can't get the white. I recently bought another one of the white necklaces thinking I could make a bracelet out of it, but now that I have it, it's going to be more complicated than I think I can do. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

ETA - I've sent an email through the website's email contact form. If enough of us do that, maybe they'll try (harder).

Respected Contributor

Thanks jetts mom! I have been waiting for this forever! They seem to have the other colors but not the white. I'm so bummed! I check back almost everyday to see if it's back but no luck. Let's hope.....I'll email too!

Super Contributor

And, another unfortunate factor ... the Honora bronze is only at the Q.

At least, since you want the white, you may find something similar in silver.

Super Contributor

I've been looking. I'm so bummed. I've been stalking the bay for it and ONE DAY before I got my wait list cancellation notice, one sold for a great price. It's the only one I've seen there yet.

Feel the burn. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Super Contributor

I was going to suggest getting the necklace and cutting it down, but the white bronze is sold out in those, too.

Super Contributor

ennui, I mentioned doing that in my first post, but the links in the chain look they're they're going to be more difficult to deal with than I'd thought. Wish my DD was here - she's much better at these things than I these days. Plus, I started thinking, since bronzo can't be sized, I'm not sure how easily the links will bend, *if* I start trying. Hate to end up ruining it instead.

Super Contributor

On 3/1/2014 jetts_mom said:

ennui, I mentioned doing that in my first post, but the links in the chain look they're they're going to be more difficult to deal with than I'd thought. Wish my DD was here - she's much better at these things than I these days. Plus, I started thinking, since bronzo can't be sized, I'm not sure how easily the links will bend, *if* I start trying. Hate to end up ruining it instead.

My reading comprehension skills need work. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I'll tell you -- I received that Ming charm bracelet, and just sort of playing with it, I think the bronze is brittle. Gold and silver are malleable and easy to work with, but the bronze acts more like base metal, like fashion jewelry. The pearls are nice enough, but the bracelet will be going back.

Super Contributor

Ah, not to worry! My verbalization skills aren't what they used to be, especially when I've just recently gotten up and haven't had much coffee yet. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Hard and brittle - yes. That's what I'm afraid of. Don't get me wrong - I've got severeal pieces of Honora's bronze and Q's bronzo and am very happy with it, but that's to wear, not try to take apart and remake something of it.

And I was such a dope in that I could have looked at my own necklace closely and figured this all out before ordering another. Well, I guess I was at work, so I would've had to wait a bit (I ordered during Honora's last visit). And I did feel that it was going to sell out. But now I don't want to return this new one. Altho the pearls are a little smaller, they are some of the most striking white pearls I have ever gotten from Honora/Q. The luster is almost metallic, and the overtones are outstanding. I guess there's always extenders and layering!

So you're not keeping the Ming bracelet? That necklace I had still haunts me, but it's for the best, I think. I never went for the bracelet as I don't care for charm bracelets. The dangling things tend to annoy me. I think they're pretty, but I just can't wear them myself.

Super Contributor

On 3/1/2014 jetts_mom said:

And I was such a dope in that I could have looked at my own necklace closely and figured this all out before ordering another. Well, I guess I was at work, so I would've had to wait a bit (I ordered during Honora's last visit). And I did feel that it was going to sell out. But now I don't want to return this new one. Altho the pearls are a little smaller, they are some of the most striking white pearls I have ever gotten from Honora/Q. The luster is almost metallic, and the overtones are outstanding. I guess there's always extenders and layering!

So you're not keeping the Ming bracelet? That necklace I had still haunts me, but it's for the best, I think. I never went for the bracelet as I don't care for charm bracelets. The dangling things tend to annoy me. I think they're pretty, but I just can't wear them myself.

Keep the necklace, since you love it ... can you wrap it around your arm several times and call it a bracelet? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

RE the Ming bracelet -- the pearls hit each other so it's a little noisy ... it's heavy ... and the magnetic clasp grabs everything. For the price, I need to swoon, and I'm not. I might go for the Ming pearls in a different configuration, because the colors are amazing.