Contributor

What happened to Honora Pearls?  There hasn't been any shows for a long time.  I miss watching  their shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked watching their shows too and bought way too many pearls - had to have all the colors. I rarely wear them, and frankly, am sorry that I spent so much money on all those strands of pearls and bracelets and some earrings.  The main guy, Joel? I think his name was, he retired.  I thought someone took his place.  I have not seen any shows either.  But, I kind of stopped watching QVC so I would not even know if they had been on.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Vendors come and go.  It appears Honora Pearl has gone.  I also bought way too much.  I regret those stretchy pearl bracelets I bought.  Never really wore them much.  Some of the elastics broke and they looked like toys--something my 8 yr. old granddaughter would play with.

A good purchase was the larger stud earrings with the larger backs.  I wear them frequently as they work well with mask wearing.  I like the white, black or gray ones.  The colors never seem to work with what I am wearing.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia   That's the same set of earrings I have and wear all the time. I even purchased a second set just in case I lost one. 

Trusted Contributor

I bought way too much, too.  So its probably better they are gone.  I have so many items.  I met the guy that replaced Joel and he asked me what pieces I had.  It was like embarassing the items I was rattling off.  LOL

I did wear a lot of the items pre-pandemic when I was out more.... So I do enjoy them and hope to again, if we every truly get back to whatever that was before.... lol

I must admit.  I do like the simpler life... Like do I need every color of pearl imaginable in a suite?  LOL.  O well. Maybe they'll bury me with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know, but remember the videos they used to show.  Honora pearls cultivated and harvested the pearls in China.  Even pre-covid, actions were taken to curtail imports from China.  So maybe this had an impact.

Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper wear them!  They must be beautiful!  It would give you joy to see them!

Honored Contributor

Maybe Joel's retirement along with other changes brought an end to Honora.  I,know they closed the retail store in NYC where I sometimes shopped when I went to Lincoln Center performances. Personally, I quit buying when Lisa R left QVC --  should have stopped long before that.

Contributor

Honora still drops new items every other month or so, but not nearly as much as before when Joel was still around.  If my sources are correct, I believe they sold the company when Joel retired, so that may explain the changes.  Macy's carries far more newer Honora pieces now compared to what QVC offers.

Yes, I bought far too many pearls.  I'm still a pearl junkie, but will only buy something completely new and different now.  The most recent necklace Honora offered is way overpriced compared to similar items found on other jewelry sites.  

Respected Contributor

Zulily has Honora pearls occasionally.