Contributor

Honora Pearl Harvest & no TSV? And far fewer shows too.

So what's up with that?  Is Honora being fazed out?  Pearl Harvest used to last 2-3 days with multiple shows each day and always a TSV somewhere in there.  Is Pearl Harvest weekend changing to another month?  Current schedule has one show on 4/21 and three shows on 4/24 (of which two are middle of the night).  This does not bode well...  And no Ralph anymore either.  How disappointing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Honora Pearl Harvest & no TSV? And far fewer shows too.

They do seem to be fading away.  Wasn't the company sold? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, but they still make pearl jewelry and Joel still runs it.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the appeal of fresh water pearls at all.  Salt water pearls are not as expensive as you think. 

So I'm wondering.  Did QVC ever offer real salt water pearls (from oysters)?  I seem to recall the southern channel offering Tahition pearls a long time ago.  I see south sea pearls (from Australia) and Tahition & golden  pearls all the time being offered. They are farmed, to control the price.  I'm not talking about the free roaming oyster pearls. Those can be quite costly. I love the look of the perfectly round pearls and unbelievable luster.  Once you take off the accompanying diamonds, real oyster pearls are quite reasonable. . 

Esteemed Contributor

In general - pearls have had their day.  We all have some and some is probably enough.  Don't dress up like years ago.  My opinion:  Honora went 'modern' with funny strange shapes and colors, made their line look junky.  Green - yellow - purple.  To me a pearl is white or soft gray.  They did it to themselves - so Ralph lost his job and the company was sold - - but apparently they are limping along - or maybe not.

Frequent Contributor

It's funny that I'm seeing this topic this morning because I wore my pearls last night to a Passover Seder.  When I was dressed (not fancy - leggings and a great Logo top) - and ready to put on an OrPaz silver necklace I thought about pearls instead.  So I put on an 18 inch, Baroque type grey pearl necklace from Honora and it looked amazing!  Pearls never go out of style!  And it gives a touch of class to anything you wear.  Fashions come and go but pearls are here to stay!  And just a side note with a touch of opinion (lol) - pearls will even dress up those disgusting distressed jeans with holes and tears that people pay good money for not realizing how ridiculous they look - oy vey!!!  I can't stop laughing at the sight of those jeans!!!!

Honored Contributor

Free roaming oysters, what a mental image.  Cute.  My problem with Honora is most of the colors have gone metallic, not pearly. 

Honored Contributor

I look at the beautiful sets of Honora pearls that I bought years ago and still think they're better than any of the recent offerings.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with all the colored pearls; it's whatever you like for each of us.

It's just that I wonder about how they get that color and will it last?  I do have a set of studs that are in the "brights" (I guess they called it) and I wear the deep blue ones a lot lately.  But I think of them as fashion jewelry as opposed to classic.

I'm not a big fan of the ringed pearls either.  I have some of those from way back and at least they were still beautiful then, with only slight rings.  Now the ones you get seem to have deeper grooves and small pits.  I've stopped buying.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thinking the same thing. I like the pearls I own (Honora).  There are a few that i purchased and now look at with a "what was I thinking" moment but the most part, they were good buys.  I do love the natural color of the mings, with their weird shapes.  I guess Honora may go to the wayside with Micheal Dawkins and a few others.

Deb