Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Curious as to why QVC does not offer salt water pearls?  From Oysters?  I know they are a bit more expensive then fresh water.  But not as high as precious gems are.  Even JTV will offer on occasion, salt water pearls.  I now in the past QVC might have offered Tahitian pearls.  But I've never seen South Sea or Golden pearls on QVC.

QVC offered both years ago @songbird . Honora sold them on QVC with 14k gold clasps. They were probably AA but Honora sold pearls in some high end jewelers that rivaled Mikimoto's AAA. And high quality pearls can be just as expensive as precious gems which is a term rarely used in the industry anymore, anyway. 

No, I just wondered.  The only place I see are high end pearls (that are perfectly round)on Gem Shopping.  South Sea pearls from Australia and Golden ones from the Philippines. They are "natural" (as they are not color enhanced) the rounder the shape and the bigger, the more money.  But they are all farmed.  I have yet to see wild grown pearls in oysters picked up by divers.  Now that must cost an arm and a leg. The most expensive I saw there were golden strand, huge, resembling 18K in appearance, and the pearls were very round with thick luster around $35,000.00.  All their big individual ones on rings and pendants all have diamonds surrounding them and set in platinum.  So the settings alone will bump them up in price. But they average in price from $1,900.00 to over $4,000.00. I just don't see this kind of jewelry anywhere else.

Esteemed Contributor

there are a few pieces that are on eBay  or go to your local  pawn shops to see the prices they are selling for

Valued Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Curious as to why QVC does not offer salt water pearls?  From Oysters?  I know they are a bit more expensive then fresh water.  But not as high as precious gems are.  Even JTV will offer on occasion, salt water pearls.  I now in the past QVC might have offered Tahitian pearls.  But I've never seen South Sea or Golden pearls on QVC.

QVC offered both years ago @songbird . Honora sold them on QVC with 14k gold clasps. They were probably AA but Honora sold pearls in some high end jewelers that rivaled Mikimoto's AAA. And high quality pearls can be just as expensive as precious gems which is a term rarely used in the industry anymore, anyway. 

Look online at ShopLC

Monke~

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I don't believe Honora has permanently left QVC; I think they're just having issues with their supply chain due to the pandemic (especially in China where they harvest), so there's a chance they'll be back again next year.

why doesn't someone ask QVC and/or Honora?