Respected Contributor

Honora....I Am Ready To Defend Myself......

but this last two weeks I have played in my Honora jewelry box and I have been re-loving my pearls. Despite the negative comments I am about to get (the colors are garish, etc etc) I am enjoying my pearls.

Last show I added a handful of new pieces (my first group of purchases in Honora in a while) and I have pulled out my old favorites and its been fun. I have a collection of fine jewelry, CP, JR and Dawkins, plain silver and gold and enjoy going through phases with all.

Right now, Honora is my best jewelry friend. I am loving the new Mings and I was able to pick up some items on clearance that popped back in this morning. Ladies no matter what our jewelry tastes are, enjoy what you have and remember to revisit old favorites in your jewelry box.

Happy Sunday

Deb

Respected Contributor

Re: Honora....I Am Ready To Defend Myself......

I have been loving the pearls lately too. Most of mine are in the classic neutrals, but the colored ones are fun. I love the glow they have and they really add a classy touch to my outfits. Enjoy!
Super Contributor

Pearls are my favorite. I always watch the Honora shows, just wish I could buy what I see. I think it's hilarious some people call them "junk" just because they all aren't the perfectly round WHITE pearls from the 50s.

Trusted Contributor

No need to defend yourself here! I, too, love my Honora pearls. I would much rather spend my money on richly colored pearls than plastic or glass 'fashion' jewelry. The pearls are real and organic, even if they are artificially colored.

I just received the new Ming bracelet and the colors are stunning. Some of the pearls are a little more baroque than I'd like, but I don't know that I'd get anything different if I exchanged it, so I'll turn them over and probably live with it. This is my first Ming purchase and the metallic lustre is really something. I say, Rock your Honora!

Esteemed Contributor

You are so smart! That is such a good idea, I think we all forget about some of our jewelry. After reading this thread, I am going to go and check out my pieces that I have not worn or thought about and start wearing them. Thanks!!!

Respected Contributor

SF: enjoy all your pearls, as well as the other jewelry you have. If you enjoy wearing these items, then it doesn't matter what others might prefer. I find I grab pearl earrings several days a week. And my favorites are the 11mm Honora button pearl on a wire. They have lots of presence, go with anything, and are so comfortable. I have those earrings in several colors (white, grey, lavender, teal, and cranberry).

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love my old pieces, too. I am just not buying any new ones. The small pearl dangles on a sterling silver shepherd hook are my go-to earrings for work. I have them in white, plum. gray, peach, and brown. Some are Honora, some are from HSN. They all seem the same to me.
Super Contributor

I wore Honora yesterday and got lots of stares and a compliment.

Super Contributor

I find it so sad that Honora wearers, and some other lines too, feel they have to be on the defensive when they post! To each her own and all that should matter is that YOU love what you bought. I too, make no apologies for my love of my Honora pearls (and others), whether natural colored or dyed fun, fashion colors. What matters is they work for ME.

So glad to hear you've "rediscovered" your pearls and are enjoying them again. And with today's style of mixing things up, you can play more with your other pieces and create looks that combine them and that speak to your style and personality.

Honored Contributor

I feel no need to defend myself. We're talking taste and personal choice when we choose jewelry and clothing. There's no reason to do a single thing except clasp those pearls and step out in confidence.