Super Contributor

Re: Honestly, how well does the Bronzo Italia line hold up?

On 9/24/2014 Blondelle said:

Funwun, were you able to polish the tarnished pieces? I'm concerned that as the lacquer wears off in certain areas that you would never be able to get the piece backing to looking new again, and with the same finish all over. I wish the tarnish resistance were in the metal itself, as I wouldn't mind polishing from time to time like sterling. The lacquer concerns me as it seems the piece would start looking blotchy and worn with protected and unprotected areas of the bronze reading different colors. Antonella has been saying the Bronzo was forever, which just isn't true.

That bracelet sure is sure pretty but the gold is reading a bit brassy on my TV. I have one pair of gold bronzo earrings from a previous TSV and the color was good on that.

Therein lies the problem. Some posters have said it would not rub off. I'm with you, if it were just a matter of buffing out the tarnish like silver - I would have no problem with it.

Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 Blondelle said:

Funwun, were you able to polish the tarnished pieces? I'm concerned that as the lacquer wears off in certain areas that you would never be able to get the piece backing to looking new again, and with the same finish all over. I wish the tarnish resistance were in the metal itself, as I wouldn't mind polishing from time to time like sterling. The lacquer concerns me as it seems the piece would start looking blotchy and worn with protected and unprotected areas of the bronze reading different colors. Antonella has been saying the Bronzo was forever, which just isn't true.

That bracelet sure is sure pretty but the gold is reading a bit brassy on my TV. I have one pair of gold bronzo earrings from a previous TSV and the color was good on that.

Yes Blondelle, it does look as if there is a coating of some sort that has worn off...I may try to post a picture of a set of earrings that I kept..they are blotchy, and discolored. Mom's ring tarnished on the back of the ring, where she probably got some use..My friend's watch looked as if there was a coating coming off too. If you look at some of the reviews for the Bronzo watches and other pieces, you will see I'm not alone in this. FYI, I also own a few pieces of Vicenza Gold Clad jewelry from a few years ago and those I have NO problem with..they still look beautiful. I'm pretty easy on my things, so you can imagine my surprise with the Bronzo. I've tried cleaning the tarnish, but it makes it worse..which leads me to believe they apply a special coating to prevent tarnishing...in my opinion, the Bronzo isn't intrinsically tarnish resistant.
Trusted Contributor

I have quite a few bronzo pieces and they absolutely look just as good as the day I received them. Mine are all the rose clad color, too. I can't say the same for some other rose clad pieces I've purchased elsewhere - the rose clading has worn off some of it.

I love the Bronzo Italia line!

Valued Contributor

Shogirl, ITA.

I own just 3 Bronzo items; earrings, necklace & bracelet that were purchased when the line first came to QVC. All these items look & wear like new.

I bought a Steel By Design watch in rose tone----the finish of the rose tone wore off within 6 months of occasional use. Won't buy Steel By Design anything that is gold or rose tone.

I am thinking about buying a Bronzo watch to wear w/the Bronzo items I own.