Honored Contributor

I got this ring many years ago from QVC. Probably on St Patrick's Day. I used to wear it all the time, this morning I took it out of the "cobwebs" in my jewelry box. Does anyone else own it?

When I Googled it I couldn't believe the prices now on the silver one. That's what I have.

It came with an explanation of the symbols, I know the question mark is for the future of Ireland. One is obviously St. Patrick.

I'm going to wear mine often now. For a wide band ring it's very comfortable too. QVC used to sell a matching bracelet, the price of that would be so high now too.

l_history-of-ireland-jewelry-ring-2476r.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I may still have the explanation booklet that came with the cross. I’ll look a little later.

Honored Contributor

Didn’t take long LOL!

If you google “Meaning of symbols- ‘History of Ireland’ jewelry” you will find what you’re looking for there.

The Question Mark stands for Ireland’s hidden past. D.H. and I went to a really wonderful Irish music concert Saturday, and one fellow said that some “experts” believe that the Irish people originated in the Mediterranean!

Not taking any side but my 100% a Wild Irish Mother could make the best lasagna and red gravy they I ever tasted!

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I bought the ring many years ago. (back in the late 1990s?)  I also have a matching cuff bracelet as well as a charm bracelet.  One of the bracelets I bought from QVC, the other I purchased in Ireland. 

I was in Ireland in December and saw the ring and charm bracelet.  They were selling for A LOT more than I paid.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   I don't own the ring but do remember its presentations very well. I always thought it was a lovely ring and a wonderful idea too. The execution on it was very good, and it always appeared to be substantial.  You made a good purchase, esp. if it's comfortable to wear.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann  I had a "100% Wild Irish Mother",too.  Wonderful.  She would tell me "you're good as the best and better than the rest."  And she believed it even if I didn't. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth