Honored Contributor

Turquoise jewelry on today 3-5 central time

Honored Contributor

@SharkE. Hi. Turquoise is my favorite colored stone. I'll be watching, too.

Honored Contributor

LOL I'm pretty well stocked up on Turq. Got a big ol' sleeping bty cuff last yr. but, I'm going on va K Mon to New Mexico, so, who knows what I'll come back with this time. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I think you may have misspelled the poster's name in your title and, if you really want to flag her, put the @ before her name in the title.

Honored Contributor

I always misspell her name LOL She's used to it and don't care I do that to the gal I call Ms. Loki, too.  

Casual around here we're not getting paid for correctness or anything.

Thanks, though !

Honored Contributor

Good morning, I have never purchased  turquoise from Q.  I am just curious to they disclose any treatments to the turquoise.  It does not matter to me if i like a piece I will buy it.  I do know it matters to some people.  Just curious.  Happy shopping ladies.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Carolyn Pollack has shows also that have turquoise, and other native America pieces, coral, spiny oyster, etc.

Then, you got Jay King over on HSN and that Indian gal who does the 

Chaco Canyon shows

Honored Contributor

Re: Hey Kachinea

[ Edited ]

@SharkE Thanks for the heads up.  I'm pretty well fixed for turquoise but did take a look at what was featured. 

@yellow919  All turquoise sold on TV is stabilized so it won't change color as it's exposed to the elements.  What is disturbing is that some vendors are using a manufactured turquoise called "block" where they take bits and pieces, scraps, and bond them together with resin, then cut and polish it.  They don't talk about it on-air but reference it in generalities in written text.  You can discern lumps and bits if you study the surface.  Jay King and Paul and Judy Deasy use a lot of this.  I've seen Carolyn Pollack do it but rarely.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to decide if I like the Italian turquoise bracelet -- lol.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE Thanks for the heads up.  I'm pretty well fixed for turquoise but did take a look at what was featured. 

@sunshine 919  All turquoise sold on TV is stabilized so it won't change color as it's exposed to the elements.  What is disturbing is that some vendors are using a manufactured turquoise called "block" where they take bits and pieces, scraps, and bond them together with resin, then cut and polish it.  They don't talk about it on-air but reference it in generalities in written text.  You can discern lumps and bits if you study the surface.  Jay King and Paul and Judy Deasy use a lot of this.  I've seen Carolyn Pollack do it but rarely.

Thank you Ms Kachina, hope you are having a lovely day.Smiley Happy