Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I have a pair of Herkimer  hoop earrings........which I thought were overpriced for QUARTZ.........    They are pretty for summer, tho.

@Desertdi.  I bet I have the same earrings.  They were a TS on HSN once.  I never wear them as they look too dressy for my jeans/tee shirt lifestyle.  They're not small.

@Kachina624  Mine are also HSN.   Inch and a half long hoops.....some stones are round, and some "flattened" round.   It was quite a while ago, don't remember if it was a TS......but I recall the lady who owns the mine was on the show.    di

@Desertdi   @Kachina624   when I purchased mine they were also a TS. Look familiar?

100_0712.JPG

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique.  Kind of hard to make out the detail in your picture but I don't think they're like mine.  Mine make a complete circle.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I have a pair of Herkimer  hoop earrings........which I thought were overpriced for QUARTZ.........    They are pretty for summer, tho.

@Desertdi.  I bet I have the same earrings.  They were a TS on HSN once.  I never wear them as they look too dressy for my jeans/tee shirt lifestyle.  They're not small.

@Kachina624  Mine are also HSN.   Inch and a half long hoops.....some stones are round, and some "flattened" round.   It was quite a while ago, don't remember if it was a TS......but I recall the lady who owns the mine was on the show.    di

@Desertdi   @Kachina624   when I purchased mine they were also a TS. Look familiar?

100_0712.JPG

@Tique  Can't tell from the photo.   My Herks are faceted "beads" threaded on a silver wire, and they go all the way around the hoop. The hoops are ¾ and have a clutch back.   I  don't remember if it was a TS......it was really a long time ago and I no longer have a receipt.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like I'm the only one who (a) doesn't watch HSN or JTV and (b) has never heard of Herkimer quartz. Living under a rock is OK!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I want to think the owner of the mine was on HSN once time with Deb Guyot.  I know she has called in to the shows many times when Deb is on with Colleen.

I know Evine had some Herkimers in stock on their website but I never saw them presented on air. The prices were out of this world. 

JTV must have bought up a ton of Herkimer because they all of a sudden are showing it a lot.  It was on yesterday afternoon when I was home at lunch. They really go overboard about it. 

Last year there was a fire at Herkimer Diamond Mines that destroyed the retail shop and museum.  I'm not sure if they ever found out what caused that fire.   

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think JTV has better designs, too. They offer more cut stones and not just the rough ones. I saw a pair of assher-cut studs this morning...very nice.

I passed on the Asscher-cut studs because the one review said that you could see right through the stones and see the findings behind them...'windowing' in faceted stones is not a good thing.