Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bought a Herkimer bracelet from HSN when it was the TS a few weeks ago.  It's packaged to be returned.  Silver findings are cheap and too lightweight to support the weight of the bracelet.

I find that HSN jewelry has really gone downhill.

I always thought the herkimers on HSN looked very plain and not well made.  I thought the prices were ridiculous.  They never look sparkly.

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of Herkimer  hoop earrings........which I thought were overpriced for QUARTZ.........    They are pretty for summer, tho.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Well, I just learned a LOT about Herkimer quartz.  Many thanks to all the posters who shared their knowledge.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have a pair of Herkimer  hoop earrings........which I thought were overpriced for QUARTZ.........    They are pretty for summer, tho.

@Desertdi.  I bet I have the same earrings.  They were a TS on HSN once.  I never wear them as they look too dressy for my jeans/tee shirt lifestyle.  They're not small.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi.  I bet I have the same earrings.  They were a TS on HSN once.  I never wear them as they look too dressy for my jeans/tee shirt lifestyle.  They're not small.

@Kachina624  Mine are also HSN.   Inch and a half long hoops.....some stones are round, and some "flattened" round.   It was quite a while ago, don't remember if it was a TS......but I recall the lady who owns the mine was on the show.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Deb Guyot designs her Herkimer jewelry for HSN. She's not the owner of the mine where she gets her stones, however. Renee Scialdo is the owner of that mine. I wasn't aware that Scialdo was on HSN presenting her gems.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Deb Guyot designs her Herkimer jewelry for HSN. She's not the owner of the mine where she gets her stones, however. Renee Scialdo is the owner of that mine. I wasn't aware that Scialdo was on HSN presenting her gems.

@SilleeMee.  Deb Guyot is the only person I've ever seen on HSN peddling Herkimers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee.  Deb Guyot is the only person I've ever seen on HSN peddling Herkimers.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624  @SilleeMee    I'm pretty sure it was on HSN.....where they showed the actual mine.....and how the "miners" were shoveling up the stones......    It didn't look like a very big operation.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Anyone buying any Herkimer things from JTV?  I'm tempted to get those Asscher-cut 8mm studs while they have them event priced. I was also looking at DMQ Asscher-cut studs, too, but they are kind of small for what I was looking for.

Honored Contributor

I've seen Herkimer clear quartz at craft shows that were wire wrapped and pretty much in their natural state,they were beautiful. I think if they are left in their natural state and just wired wrapped and hung on a leather cord or simple chain, it's a better look for that stone.