Trusted Contributor

Re: Herkimer's are only clear quartz and are NOT rare.

I'm a firm believer of buying what YOU like ~~ Enjoy and wear in good health!!!

To insult others and their purchase choices by insinuating they have not made good decisions because they have been ""blinded"" by ""brilliant marketing campaigns"" is rude and a perfect example of poor manners ~

Super Contributor

Herkimer is a ""special"" quartz indigenous to Herkimer. Why all the hoopla? Just the ususal slick sales speak. Quartz is found in many places!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Irish1210 said:

I'm a firm believer of buying what YOU like ~~ Enjoy and wear in good health!!!

To insult others and their purchase choices by insinuating they have not made good decisions because they have been "blinded" by "brilliant marketing campaigns" is rude and a perfect example of poor manners ~

I know, right??!! These highly-paid, very convincing TV marketing people are there to tell us nothing but the unvarnished facts. Shame on anyone who would suggest that any of them might s-t-r-e-t-c-h the positives of merchandise to influence people to buy. Everything they say is 100% fair and balanced.......and nobody who watches TV shopping channels has ever overpaid for items that turned out to be glorified junque. Everything they sell is worth love-love-loving and buy-buy-buying. And with Easy-pays you can bring it all home for just a dollar a day! What's not to love? No research or thinking needed; just BUY it!

Honored Contributor

My friends live in Herkimer County (Old Forge and down south near Utica).

They find the herkimers on HSN LAUGHABLE....

The lady is always touting their uniqueness...NOT!!!!

Honored Contributor

Seriously? The OP just signed up, this is her first post, she starts a thread and what was the point?

If you don't like em, don't buy em. It's pretty simple.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 LipstickDiva said:

Seriously? The OP just signed up, this is her first post, she starts a thread and what was the point?

ITA ! And if you don't buy them fine...more for those of us who enjoy them! Me I don't buy drusy, black spinell, the "rare" sleeping beauty blah blah etc. but hey if that's your delight go for it. More for you! My Herk necklace and earrings are WOW!{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 silkyk said:
On 1/27/2015 LipstickDiva said:

ITA ! And if you don't buy them fine...more for those of us who enjoy them! Me I don't buy drusy, black spinell, the "rare" sleeping beauty blah blah etc. but hey if that's your delight go for it. More for you! My Herk necklace and earrings are WOW!{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I happen to love black spinel. LOL

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 silkyk said:
On 1/25/2015 Tique said:
On 1/25/2015 Desertdi said:

I bought the herk hoop earrings last "special"........and the sparkle is spectacular!

I didn't get the last ones but purchased the first earrings that were a TS. They have sat in my armoire for a couple of years. Last week I changed from my traditional yellow gold to white. I was getting ready to put on WG earrings but instead reached for the Herks which have SS findings. I was complimented at least five times on my beautiful earrings. Sparkle...they do.

ITA with you guys!!!!I purchased the TS that was called a "stiletto" earring and LOVE them and always get compliments on them. I have a heirloom piece from my Grandmother that is made of graduated BIG Herks and I never had earrings to go with it. Now I do Smile and the real quality Herks are beautiful!

Silky, how fabulous for you that you found earrings that compliment your DGM's piece. It sounds beautiful. I hope you wear it often. And sparkle!!!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.