Esteemed Contributor

Re: Here we go again from " The Vault "

@grandma r I agree with you on the difference between the presentations from years past to now. I want to see all the details for that kind of $ and I want to know the source of the stone and any treatments. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart I think the same. If they don't show under the stone, then it is probably open. IMO that means a less comfortable ring to wear so it's a pass for me every time. I have a couple of rings that I bought early on when Q was starting to skimp on the jewelry design by not having a gallery under the stone while still charging a high price. I returned most of those rings because they didn't feel good on my fingers.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree yes they should provide the stone size in millimeters along with the gram weight of the setting.

Honored Contributor

I wear different sizes depending on whether there is an undergallery or not.  At the new inflated prices I don't even bother watching seriously.  Thank goodness I have a rather complete jewelry wardrobe.  

Honored Contributor

@TUMBLES wrote:

The reason they are not showing the expensive ring undersides is because they will show made in China or made in India. The "Vault" show is a shadow of its former self!!!

Agree; additionally they don't want you to see the cheapo, barely there setting or how the band has been hollowed out to the nth degree.

Super Contributor

I like Vault discoveries. But it make me wonder why silver rings cost 500-600 dollars. It does not make sense. 

Honored Contributor

I just noticed the word "vault" on one of the rings.  I had always assumed "vault" was just a catch-all category for the more expensive items.  No, it's a real line.