Esteemed Contributor

Here we go again from " The Vault "

Here we go again with one of those from  " The Vault " with Peyton and Courtney K Hosting .

Why do they try to sell these pieces for $600 + dollars and never show the back underside of the ring .  Pictures on Internet of Sera Citrine and pink sapphire do not show the underside either .

Trusted Contributor

Re: Here we go again from " The Vault "

@skatting44  I've not been able to watch alot of today's show but wonder why either the model or Peyton don't take the time to show the back/undercarriage of the pieces?

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44.  "From the vault" = jacking up the price.

Years ago jewelry presentations were well done.  If a customer is going to spend a significant amount of money, every aspect of the piece should be described.   That includes the under gallery, origin of the gemstone, and if the stone has been treated or enhanced.

Honored Contributor

Most likely, they don't show ther under-side because it's wide open. I've seen them show undergalleries in the past so I assume there isn't one if they don't show it.

Honored Contributor

Way over priced semiprecious gem stones!  Yet the tiny pink sapphire was over $3,000.00.  A Citrine going over  $700.00 for the privilege of being set in 14K.  I realize sapphires are precious and gain in value, but that's ridiculous. You could have gotten a much bigger & better pink sapphire on Gem Shopping for the same price.  Plus better and more diamonds. 

Honored Contributor

I never understood the reality of spending a lot of money for jewelry sight unseen.  The one time, many years ago, I purchased a sleeping beauty turquoise piece it looked nothing like the one presented. It was a washed out blue and returned. 

Contributor

The reason they are not showing the expensive ring undersides is because they will show made in China or made in India. The "Vault" show is a shadow of its former self!!!

Trusted Contributor

A total snooze fest. 😴

Honored Contributor

I don't buy significant jewelry from QVC because they do an absolutely awful job of showing the jewelry and telling you what you are buying.  How do you sell jewelry and not display the gram weight and dimensions on the screen?  They don't show under galleries.  And they pretend that common semi previous stones are valuable.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Most likely, they don't show ther under-side because it's wide open. I've seen them show undergalleries in the past so I assume there isn't one if they don't show it.

Right....   because there is no under gallery.