Trusted Contributor

Here's a Flash from the Past

Remember these?  Image result for pop beads necklace  Pop beads.  I used to make necklaces and bracelets out of these and wear them to school when I was in second or third grade.   I don't think mine were this colorful, though.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: Here's a Flash from the Past

I certainly do remember them.   I had many of them in many colors.

Respected Contributor

You certainly brought back some memories!  I can remember owning several pairs of these beads...my favorites were the light pearl colors..LoL

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

YES!!!  Loved them!!  Recently my neighbor and I had a conversation about them and she found them at a flea market and bought them for me!  Were they not the most fun item ever??!!

Super Contributor

I  use to love putting them together and then pulling them apart to hear the pop!

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I wonder if little girls would still be interested in playing with them or have that become too electronics-orientated?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Funny ... seeing this picture made me think of those little hard colored candies that came on a strip of paper and you bit them off to eat it??? Do they still make that?

I never had the pop beads personally, but remember them well. i wasn't interested in getting them ... but those little candies always fascinated me. haha

Honored Contributor

I remember how frustrating it was when the connector thing would break off inside a bead.  2 perfectly good bead were rendered useless.  In my case, my sister and I always split a collection of beads.  If there were an odd number, she was always given the extra, because she was older.  For me, losing 2 beads was a tragedy.