Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,677
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

I bought a new one and can work the metal part of the deployment clasp fine, but can't see how to adjust the leather band...and I'm reluctant to start pulling and pushing on it. Can anyone help? TIA!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,018
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

I don't have that watch, but I'll see if I can help after I check the picture. I have lots of watches with leather straps and deployant clasps, and it's easy to adjust yourself. I just want to take a peak. In general, there is a small metal piece that fits onto the end of the strap with the holes. The bottom side of that piece is hinged and can be lifted away from the underside of the strap. Then you move the strap tighter or looser and position the little metal post into the correct hole and then press the hinged piece back to tighten.

I can't find the watch, so if you can provide the item # I'll go look for it.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎05-18-2013

Re: Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

Sorry I can't help you with your question, but is QVC still selling this watch?! Mine was stolen in a burglary in 2013 and I was heartbroken.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,677
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

Thanks ladies. I have many metal watches with this clasp, but no leather/metal combos.

DH figured it out!

Vaccinia, I'm sorry yours was taken. I bought this on ebay from a seller who lives near the outlets. She purchased it there. (I've seen them there in the past, but passed it up). So a call to the Q outlets might be helpful!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,677
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

On 1/6/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

I don't have that watch, but I'll see if I can help after I check the picture. I have lots of watches with leather straps and deployant clasps, and it's easy to adjust yourself. I just want to take a peak. In general, there is a small metal piece that fits onto the end of the strap with the holes. The bottom side of that piece is hinged and can be lifted away from the underside of the strap. Then you move the strap tighter or looser and position the little metal post into the correct hole and then press the hinged piece back to tighten.

I can't find the watch, so if you can provide the item # I'll go look for it.

It was the hinged part that threw me -- I thought it was a push button but it was a hinge. As I wrote, DH figured it for me. Thanks for taking the time to help! The original item # is J23412. The video there wasn't much help.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,018
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

Glad your problem was solved.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,021
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

here's the original info:

j23412

http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-Sterling-and-Diamonique-Mother-of-Pearl-Sub-Dial-Watch.product.J234...

You can move/adjust the deployment clasp to change the fit.

On the side of the leather band that has the holes in it, you can gently pull underneath silver part that actually fits into the hole. You can see a small circle that is the underside of the part that goes in the hole. Pull on that side. It will come out. Move it forward or backward so it will go into the new hole that is the right size for your wrist. Then close it/ snap it back into place and you should be good.

HTH

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎05-18-2013

Re: Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

On 1/6/2015 Sammycat1 said:

Thanks ladies. I have many metal watches with this clasp, but no leather/metal combos.

DH figured it out!

Vaccinia, I'm sorry yours was taken. I bought this on ebay from a seller who lives near the outlets. She purchased it there. (I've seen them there in the past, but passed it up). So a call to the Q outlets might be helpful!

Thanks, Sammycat! It took me almost a year and a half to find a new JR watch to replace that one, but it's not the same.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,677
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Help with adjusting the classic oval leather Ripka watch with hearts on the face

On 1/6/2015 newjerseygirl said:

here's the original info:

j23412

http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-Sterling-and-Diamonique-Mother-of-Pearl-Sub-Dial-Watch.product.J234...

You can move/adjust the deployment clasp to change the fit.

On the side of the leather band that has the holes in it, you can gently pull underneath silver part that actually fits into the hole. You can see a small circle that is the underside of the part that goes in the hole. Pull on that side. It will come out. Move it forward or backward so it will go into the new hole that is the right size for your wrist. Then close it/ snap it back into place and you should be good.

HTH

Thanks Newjerseygirl. I found the original listing (no help) but your description was right on. DH figured it out. But I knew if he couldn't, the ladies on this board like you would know the way!