Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Wow, does this party sound like fun!  Just wear waterproof mascara - You certainly will cry at this wedding.  So young, so much in love, such a beautiful couple.  One thing:  don't forget your pocketbook!  You can cram it full of Kleenex.  

Wow, PamfromCT I forgot about the pocketbook!  I may need to visit some thrift stores to look for that. 

Valued Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

If you're the queen, then I like the third one.  As long as it's not heavy, you should be able to sew it to your wig.

Yes, sewing it to the wig is a great idea.  In all the photos I have seen the queen wears a hat to family weddings while the brides all seem to wear the tiaras.  I figure this is going to be the one and only opportunity in my life to wear a tiara so I'm not going to pass it up.

Esteemed Contributor

What a fun party idea! You'll be the belle, I mean queen, of the party!! I like the first tiara, but whichever you pick will look fabulous!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help selecting tiara

[ Edited ]

For the Queen the third one, for sure !!!   What a idea for a great party, have fun !

Honored Contributor

I agree with GCR18...go for the Queen crown! 

Honored Contributor

Only a queen wears a crown.    Tiaras are for princesses.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Only a queen wears a crown.    Tiaras are for princesses.

I thought so too but according to the Daily Mail the Queen has worn a number of tiaras.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3638079/From-priceless-diamond-bands-headpieces-laden-prec...

I love this one:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000310 EndHTML:000245938 StartFragment:000244428 EndFragment:000245798 StartSelection:000244428 EndSelection:000245798 SourceURL:https://www.google.com/search?q=queen+elizabeth+tiaras&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw... queen elizabeth tiaras - Google Search

Image result for queen elizabeth tiaras

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember the Silver Style tiara with Diamonique? $99 as I recall. Should have gone for it, but who KNEW I’d wind up with grand daughters?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help selecting tiara

[ Edited ]

I remember the QVC diamonique tiara. When this list first started there was a running thread about wearing that tiara in all sorts of silly "normal" situations. The hosts' patter at that time seemed to urge wearing it "with a plain white blouse, jeans and a pair of strappy sandals"....to the mall, toa parent teacher conference, greeting the postman at the front door...... -- we joked -- "strappy sandals" were the Q high fashion statement at that time....

I I think one poster started it by saying that she would wear the tiara and a bikini and the starppy sandals to serve her hubby dinner....

I think that the wedding party is a wonderful idea! I'll toast you all with Diet 7Up as I watch on BBC America.

Valued Contributor

Oh my, how did I miss the Diamonique tiara?  Needless to say I did not pay $99 for the one I ordered.  I also found a bargain in a copy of the Diana/Catherine sapphire ring on ebay.  It's quite large so I may use it in decorations or as a door prize for a game.