Honored Contributor

Re: Help needed with Jewelry possible purchase please

I'm sorry but the bracelet is waaaaaaaaayyyy overpriced.   The gemstones in it are not expensive and I know the rope and silver are cheap.   

Valued Contributor

Thanks again for your help.  I am patiently waiting for a pretty ring that is large in size and slightly rare and on EASY PAY as I know it will be costly.  If anyone sees something, let me know. 

Have a wonderful weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Thanks again for your help.  I am patiently waiting for a pretty ring that is large in size and slightly rare and on EASY PAY as I know it will be costly.  If anyone sees something, let me know. 

Have a wonderful weekend.

Moroco, what is your time frame?    

If this is a Christmas present, just take your time ..... retailers are starting to throw all sorts of deals out there .... there will be plenty to choose from.

I really think that bracelet is really unique, but I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it!

Esteemed Contributor

moroco...15% off all rings at gemporia.com  GREAT jewelry

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Thanks everyone for your help.  I am going to look at a couple more rings now.  I will let you know which one I pick.  I found the bracelet very unique.

I had been waiting for a D Prince morganite ring with Diamonds to come way down on price but it seems it will never do so.  It is a real beauty another network.  I know she would love that and the retail value was very high on it which does give one a piece of mind as the appraisal usually does run close  I liked the pink gold and it was gold not silver.

.This piece will probably not appraise high but is unique.  Oh....men have to think so hard to keep you women happy.Smiley Happy  but you all earn it.  

Thanks so very much everyone for your kindness.  It is greatly apprecciated.  Now I hope I don't pass out when I make the purchase.  LOL

@INDIANA BONES I have seen this bracelet in person and it is stunning. The citrine baguettes are large and had no inclusions, and the rhodolite garnet flowers were pretty plum pink and a nice complement. Set in a substantial amount of smooth silver and bordered by the leather it is not only unique but very comfortable. Excellent choice. Bixby's designs are beautiful.

Also, I have found QVC's premier morganite to be very nice. It is clear and a peachy color, versus some of the more pale morganite you find.

Good luck and hope she loves her gifts!

Valued Contributor

Thanks again everyone for thinking of me when you look at jewelry.  I am listening to all the advice with much appreciation.  Trust me, we are both in our late 50's and she has plenty of jewelry but in my opinion a girl always can use a beautiful item to make her think of someone on her arm or finger.  

Super Contributor

Wow! The price of that ring is $2700 and they don't even use real diamonds. That's way too much. If you have a Helzberg jewelry store near you, or go to their website, Helzberg,com. They have a beautiful big Morganite ring on special. It's oval cut, 14 kt rose gold with diamonds all around it, a limited edition of only 500, and it's $1299. I got a flyer in the mail because my husband has bought many pieces for me from that store so when I saw this ring I told him I would love to have it. The shopping channels can be great for buying smaller pieces, unique pieces, sterling silver, things you don't normally see in a jewelry store. But, when it comes to the bigger pieces set in real gold the prices can be crazy high. And a lot of times they use zircon or some other stone for accents. The ring at Evine is beautiful but it's not worth the cost. I know you can find something just as beautiful at a much lower cost.

Super Contributor

The leather in this bracelet will not last forever. It's a shame that this bracelet is so expensive! It's a Bixby piece, right? She gets a lot of 5 star ratings so people do love her things. Her pieces are costly though. I see that you also had a ring picked out? Was it the rhodilite or amythest one? You're a wonderful husband and we will be happy to help you choose a matching set for your wife.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I'm sorry but the bracelet is waaaaaaaaayyyy overpriced.   The gemstones in it are not expensive and I know the rope and silver are cheap.   

ITA! Her jewelry is so overpriced. Her ZEN persona is REALLY a LOL!