Respected Contributor

Re: Heidi. Daus vs Judith Ripka

Judith Ripka is a very lovely, kind, and generous person both on air and in person.  

We are all entitled to our different perspectives, however, and you are free to think whatever you wish.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Judith is more refined- and soft spoken. Heidi is very bohemian and 'out there' -  something for everybody !  I'm a 'less is more' kind of person, many of Judith's pieces fit my personality & lifestyle.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

HD jewelry is too gaudy for me, so I never watch her shows. JR is a very classy lady and is very appreciative of her customers IMO. JR IS the queen of hearts and the queen of jewelry, the awards she gets for her designs attest to that.

Her awards are for her real jewelry not the QVC stuff.  When she designs with the authentic stones and 14K they are thousands of dollars.  She better get an award for that.  But both of them have jewelry that is too gaudy for me.  If I buy Heidi it's usually less stones and more classic.  I like the old Ripka jewelry.

Honored Contributor

purchased two of the HD holiday pins last night. believe me, i wanted more! i LOVE her pins/brooches.

did you notice that she is starting a clothing line on HSN also?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

the term gaudy means "bright, showy or tasteless".

Even if HD jewelry is not your style, or taste, please don't insult those of us who do like to wear it.  

she's made a fortune selling her jewelry, its extremely popular.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Heidi is an absolute delight to watch.  I just love her laugh.  She's a lovely, talented lady.....and with a ton of personality and warmth!

I agree about Heidi. I think that Judith is basically a shy introverted person which is sometimes misunderstood for snobbish or standoffish behavior. They are both extremely talented women, but as far as their jewelry goes it is like comparing apples and oranges. They are both excellent quality and design, but totally different other than that.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

purchased two of the HD holiday pins last night. believe me, i wanted more! i LOVE her pins/brooches.

did you notice that she is starting a clothing line on HSN also?

@sunshine45:  I want:

Heidi Daus Practically Perfect Sequined Coat

628-906

Heidi Daus Practically Perfect Sequined Coat

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Judith Ripka is a very lovely, kind, and generous person both on air and in person.  

We are all entitled to our different perspectives, however, and you are free to think whatever you wish.

I agree 100 percent.

Trusted Contributor

I like them both. I love HD pins and have some old JR as well.

You are right they have different personalities I do no think that that has any impact in my purchases 🌻

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Jersey BornI can attest to that fact as I met Judith Ripka in one of her boutiques years ago. She is the consummate professional and eager to discuss all things jewelry. At the time I was working in Tiffany's and was very impressed with her knowledge...