Honored Contributor

Re: Have you or will you, be buying on Gem Day today

I just buy gems from Gem Shopping Network.  Only place to get good quality gems and diamonds.  For gold I buy from ShopHQ I buy mostly 18K.  One of the few places left you can buy 18K.  I sometimes buy 14K.  Another good place for Gems that are cheaper and not as striking looking as Gem Shopping is TVON.  (You get what you pay for) Kind of poor guys Gem shopping. They are still a heck of lot better than QVC's idea of gems. They are on cable and you can watch them live on computer.  And unlike QVC, the gems are not enhanced. Also TVON and Gem shopping are great for ocean pearls from oysters.  No fresh water pearls. And they are mostly round with good luster and blemish free.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have so much (affordable) jewelry I don't wear now because I work at home and rarely go out anywhere. Can't buy expensive pieces to not wear anywhere.

Trusted Contributor

I've been sorely tempted to buy the Affinity huggie hoops in white gold J372710. They're  small but I like that. But I have the Courtney diamonique huggie hoops and, honestly, I'm not convinced I need similar hoops just because they're real diamond and gold. But they are really lovely!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sheesh. I should've know when I started this topic, that some women would take it as an opportunity to brag about their own much better collections, trash QVCs selection, let us know how much better quality you're able to afford. 
Welp. Whatever makes you feel good about yourselves. 
I am not ashamed to be living within budget limits dictated by retirement. Someone said this Gem Day is for a limited audience or something to that effect. Yep, could be. 
While I don't care for all QVC jewelry, I'm a little bit excited to have seen the pretty (to me) items that I ended up ordering. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

I've been sorely tempted to buy the Affinity huggie hoops in white gold J372710. They're  small but I like that. But I have the Courtney diamonique huggie hoops and, honestly, I'm not convinced I need similar hoops just because they're real diamond and gold. But they are really lovely!

I can hear how much you want those. Allow me to enable you. 🤓😉🥰

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I've been watching but I don't plan to buy anything.  I buy my jewelry from shoplc and jtv and made a decision to just buy 10k and 14k pieces.  I'll probably only buy a couple of special pieces in 2022.  But.....   If I happen to see something unique and fantastic, there's no telling what will happen.

I like how you're keeping that door open. Lol 😆 yeah!

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@fairydogmother Enjoy your pieces you bought today.  I think the TSV is quite pretty but I own many a ring already so it's an easy pass for me and a bit expensive.  I'll enjoy watching though Smiley Happy

Thank you Linda 🥰

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I have been watching and enjoying seeing the current stock.  Only ordered the American West horse pendant to go with some other items I have with the Native American symbols.  @fairydogmother Enjoy your purchases.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I have so much (affordable) jewelry I don't wear now because I work at home and rarely go out anywhere. Can't buy expensive pieces to not wear anywhere.

That must be frustrating for a lot of reasons. I put on jewelry even if I'm not going anywhere. Makes me smile. I enjoy "shopping" my own little stash. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

I have been watching and enjoying seeing the current stock.  Only ordered the American West horse pendant to go with some other items I have with the Native American symbols.  @fairydogmother Enjoy your purchases.   

Thanks! While the American West line isn't my particular style, I enjoy watching the presentations. Go figure 😋. Maybe it's that I admire the design elements and craftsmanship. Many of the pieces have a unique look. Have fun wearing your pendant 

Harmonize the World