Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you or will you, be buying on Gem Day today

NO ...don't even watch Q's jewelry shows.  

Honored Contributor

I've been watching but I don't plan to buy anything.  I buy my jewelry from shoplc and jtv and made a decision to just buy 10k and 14k pieces.  I'll probably only buy a couple of special pieces in 2022.  But.....   If I happen to see something unique and fantastic, there's no telling what will happen.

Honored Contributor

No.   

I came close to being tempted.  I really like the Affinity gemstone hoops (J368252).  But I remembered I have a pair of Judith Ripka inside-out gemstone hoops that I love, and purchased five years ago.

Honored Contributor

I got huge house and car insurance due , so, deal me out.

Valued Contributor

I ordered an Artisan Crafted cushion cut ring in watermelon quartz and ordered the paperclip cushion cut gemstone necklace in white topaz. Maybe it’s me or I need to stop watching but if seen a few things I like.
Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother   Your purchases sound lovely!  I enjoy watching the gem shows whether I'm buying or not and I also saw a couple of pretty pieces. I am very tempted by the artisan crafted 4ctw kunzite pendant and chain.  Let's see how much willpower I have.  lol

Respected Contributor

I haven't even watched. I have more jewelry than I can begin to wear as it is. Shopping therapy when going thru a divorce many years ago.

Honored Contributor

No.   I recently reorganized my jewelry, and see I have more than enough, since I wear none of it except earrings.   

Respected Contributor

No....

Trusted Contributor

I remember the days when I could buy a few things on Gem Day (or even Gold Day).

The prices are outrageous.   I like a lot of you, I purchased many nice pieces years ago and nothing they are showing comes close to the quality and value I got back then.

Today's items are for a limited audience IMO.  

I'm not wearing rings much right now... since at work and everywhere else I wash my hands all the time.   I wear other jewelry, but have no need for the pieces they are showing.