Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you ever shopped TJMAX for jewelry?

I am not a big fan of Ripka which TJM has quite often.  What lines are considered good? 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

TJMaxx is a good place to find bargain pieces.

Valued Contributor

No,

TJMAX, i have never heard of the store.  Is it fine jewels?

18k and up?

Respected Contributor

@iPod wrote:

Be Very Careful.TJMaxx sells seconds and jewelry that are defected,especially pearls.Your pieces look perfect.

Thank you.  I just presented my gift to my friend  and she loved it, she wears the brand names jewelry only and couldn't believe these are not fancy names.

Super Contributor

I bought nice pieces at TJ, but you need to check them. I had more than fair share of bad quality items from qvc, and nbcshopping, and new evine. I would not call TJ a bad place, I had much better luck, because i can see and choose right away, without paying crazy shipping cost.

Respected Contributor

@alice87 wrote:

I bought nice pieces at TJ, but you need to check them. I had more than fair share of bad quality items from qvc, and nbcshopping, and new evine. I would not call TJ a bad place, I had much better luck, because i can see and choose right away, without paying crazy shipping cost.

Oh yes, of course, everything has to be inspected. It is a discount store for unsold or off line merchandise. But if it is just unsold you are lucky.

I usually shop there for house pieces and very rarely for clothing.

Valued Contributor

For those who like John Hardy and Logos jewelry. My favorite store TJMaxx has bracelets,earring, rings from these designers. For my birthday In September (yeah, I know kinda early) I purchase a logos bracelet.(Retail listed price $395.00- Tjmaxx $180.00)

If you recognize good quality and like the designer jewelry, or clothing or any merchandise, it does not matter to me if it's unsold or last year model. "An educated consumer is a retailer best customer" Also N/M last call is a great place to shop.

Respected Contributor

if  TJ Maxx sells "Seconds" they have to be marked.   The jewelry counter is a separate vendor. TJs sell Mia Fiori and a couple other lines that are made for them,  designers like Ripka including costume,   they buy overstock or end of runs.   many years ago they sold past season but the tag had to be marked . in the early 2000s they added Willi Smith licensed clothing and later added Cynthia Rowley and BCBG and a few others verticle lines.  they launched a spin-off called AJ Wright (closed) that sold the low-end stuff they no longer wanted in their TJX stores.  if you are concerned about the quality, bring a loupe.  i have shopped their jewelry for so many years.  very pleased with my selections.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Your pieces are lovely.  TJMAX is quite a source of temptation for me, as it is right next door to my grocery store.  I have been lucky with some jewelry, and lucky with all sorts of bath and cosmetic products.  

Oh I'm so jealous that you have TJ's next to your grocery store!! I have to travel a good bit to get to the nearest store, which is both tragic and good. I have ordered some from their website, but there is nothing like just shopping around in the store.By the way I love that bracelet.

I have a Trader Joes, TJMAXX, and a Bed, Bath, and Beyond in the same shopping center.  I find it impossible NOT to check out all three stores when I go there.

I like the jewelry, I have bought several pieces for myself and  have also given it as gifts for friends.

Contributor

I walked into the TJM in Tacoma on Union Street and browsed the jewelry and found the Barbara Bixby vine leaf ring in blue topaz!  I've always admired them and wanted one in the worst way.  I wear a size 9 and the rings are usually in size 6 or 7, but I asked to look at it anyway.  Surprise...Surprise.....it was a size 9 and I paid $68.00 for it!  I treasure that ring and think it was "fate" that I ran across it.

I've bought a number of pieces there for gifts for my daughter and myself.  I'm always happy with what I've purchased at TJMaxx.