Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever had someone steal or you lost a piece of QVC back in the day gold?

@ECBG wrote:

I had a 40 inch SS and diamond station necklace from Ross Simons that had slightly bent on a station.  I had it on a hanger in my closet to take to the jeweler and it disappeared.  The only people in our house were the cleaning lady and her daughter in her early 20's.

When I was a child, we had hired a maid because my mother broke both her legs in an accident.  She got a hold of my dad's coin box and stole gold coins.  We contacted the agency and they recovered the coins.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever had someone steal or you lost a piece of QVC back in the day gold?

Many years ago, when my brother was in Vietnam he bought everyone in the family some really nice gifts. One of the gifts he bought me was a gold Seiko watch. I loved it. Not only because it was from my brother but it really was a beautiful watch.

I went to England the next summer to visit my Aunt, Uncle and cousins. My Aunt took me to Selfridge's for their annual crystal sale. It was crowded but I loved it. A huge room with nothing but crystal. Every once in awhile I noticed a man was close to me. A little too close I thought. And it seemed odd that a man was looking at the same crystal, I was looking at and at the same time. Guess that was another reason why I noticed him. But it was crowded so I concentrated on the crystal. 

Well, I bought many beautiful pieces. And then when we got home I noticed the watch was gone. I can't help but think he was not shopping for crystal but my watch.

Contributor

Did they come back after that? 

Regular Contributor

Many years ago my home was broken into. All my jewelry, except what I was wearing was stolen. The police didn't even try to recover our things.  Then, a few years later, someone in my family stole many pieces. I had insurance this time but, they would only cover my jewelry if I made a police report. (Long story)

Today, I have a few expensive pieces that are all insured.

Contributor

That's crazy. I remember I was in a boutique with my mom and this lady kept following us to every pair of pants we looked at; to the point that my mom would step on her foot when she tried to move around or pick a pair from the shelf. My mother went over to the shoes and the lady kept asking oh can you hand me those ones to try when you're done? My mother kept offering to move out of the way and she kept moving to different parts of the store but the woman followed.

We looked down in our cart after the woman finally moved away from us and she had taken my mom's purse. The purse was expensive, but she had priceless pictures of her deceased parents and my sister and I as children. The police actually ended up finding the purse in a field days later but everything was gone Smiley Sad

Contributor

That is a nightmare. I have fortunately never had a home invasion but the thought terrifies me, especially thinking what if my family is home. 

Honored Contributor

I have lost : One heavy sterling "kickstand" bracelet (opened up and fell off), two toggle closure bracelets (just came undone I assume) and one magnetic closure bracelet.  I now stick with lobster claw and other secure bracelet closures.

Contributor

Lol, never did that. I have put my glasses in there and lost them for a reason I can't even say 

Super Contributor

Sometime in the 80's I got a pair of beautiful 14k gold 1/2 inch Byzantine earrings from the Q.  I can't remember the price but around $50.

One Sunday while cooking dinner I drove to the grocery store, about a mile from home.  At bedtime I realized one earring was missing.

Never found it, though it must have just slipped off.  Looked on the Q for a replacement pair because I really loved those earrings.  Price then was somewhere in the slightly less than $100. range and I just couldn't justify it.  I have regretted that decision ever since.

I still have the one earring and it makes me sad to look at it.

Super Contributor

I had a tri-colored Imperial Gold bracelet I bought from QVC years ago, that i wore everyday. At some point it was no longer on my wrist. I was devastated and looked everywhere for it. Never found it. I think what hapened is that the safety clasp worked itself loose and when it opened the bracelet fell off my hand. i loved it so much and have never stopped mourning it's loss.