Contributor

Re: Have you ever had someone steal or you lost a piece of QVC back in the day gold?

Ohh I'm sorry.

Also remember them haha...I just bought one of the yellow gold heart necklaces off ebay for my daughter. I remember being in middle school and qvc was showing Beverly Hills gold that morning and I thought the presenter with the company was so classy. I saw that heart necklace and wanted it every since.

Oh my the good old days

Contributor

Re: Have you ever had someone steal or you lost a piece of QVC back in the day gold?

Wow, that's awful. Yeah I figured having friends there it would be ok but apparently I didn't account for who said friends would bring!

Contributor

Wow, that's awful and really scary to think that people can just go in our purses at any time! 

Contributor

I had a class mate in gym class steal one of my rings in high school. I foolishly wore a gold ring my grandfather bought me on gym day knowing we had to take off jewelry. I put it in my pocket and when I came back it was gone. I told the teacher and she said no one was leaving the locker room until we looked. I saw a girl go over to the corner and drop it out of her hand then pretend like she found it. I just let it go because my high school self was so timid and I was just glad to have it back...but wow I can't believe people do that. 

Respected Contributor

I've lost some pieces and a few times I was lucky enough to find them.

Had a10K link chain that I bought when I was a poor college student and loved it.  Lost it when my kids were little.  Years later kids were in middle school/HS.  Guy came to work on our washing machine and found it wrapped around the center agitator thingy once he took the plastic cover off.  

I lost an EG hoop brushing my hair in the bathroom at work. It was turned into the office. 

My son was a toddler and he took my rings and bracelet, stuck them in a grocery bag and put it in the cabinet under the sink.  No idea why. Took a long time to find them but thankfully I did.

Thought I lost a tiny herringbone necklace but found it a year later in the tray of a jewelry cleaner that had gotten pushed to the back of the bathroom cupboard. 

Lost a cute gold pinky ring at the movie theater when I got cold and sat on my hands to get them warm. Lost an earring when it got knocked off the end table into the plush carpet.  Never found it.

A friend of mine lost a ring and found it in the cuff of her pants!  I thought I lost my sister's ring but found it stuck up under the lid of the box I'd stored it in.  Lost years off my life before I, by chance, turned the lid over and spotted it. ugh. 

Contributor

Wow, that's awful. It always amazes me how people can take things in so short a time!

Contributor

Wow, that's horrible. I am so sorry.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, you found a lot of your things...that's awesome. 

I remember when I was two I put my mom's wedding ring in an oatmeal box after she took it off to wash dishes. I watched her tear up the house then two days later I told her look, I found this for you mommy; I kept it safe lol.

I never heard the end of that story.

Also, a gold clip I had on a bracelet I lost and then like a month later I was bringing my daughter's little toddler bike into the gargage from outside and the clip was just on the ground next to the bike. I have no ide what happened there still but I was glad I found it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ever lose a ring and then find it in your refrigerator?  I think  I posted this before, but that's what happened.  I had a darlng 18K dangle heart and key ring my husband purchased at Judith Ripka store in New York.  I wore it on my pinky.  One day after food shopping, I put away some eggs.  Later that day, I looked down and didn't see the ring.  I must have torn the house apart looking for it.  On my hands and knees searching the floors.  One week later, I opened the fridge to get eggs.  I picked one up....there was my ring. It had slipped off my finger and under the egg. I have since worn the ring dangling from a necklace.

I work at a large university and there is crime there.  Most of it theft.  One coworker had a bracelet stolen from her desk.  My jewelry has never been stolen, but I have a few things in my life. Once food was stolen from me!  I kid you not.  I had purchase some food to take home lunch time & left it in the office refrigerator.  Someone (cleaning people?  helped  themselves.

Honored Contributor

I had a 40 inch SS and diamond station necklace from Ross Simons that had slightly bent on a station.  I had it on a hanger in my closet to take to the jeweler and it disappeared.  The only people in our house were the cleaning lady and her daughter in her early 20's.