Trusted Contributor

Have you ever bought from a jewelry turntable?

When I had dishnetwork I used to get a jewelry internet site that would feature a turntable with the various items on it and the prices.  I was always tempted to buy but never did.  Now I don't have disnetwork and haven't seen anything like that on my present cable system.  Did you ever buy this way?  Were you happy with what you got?

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever bought from a jewelry turntable?

No. Those shows often feature loose gems and I don't want to deal with that.

Trusted Contributor

I found a website that features a turntable:  gemshopping.com

These are jewelry pieces and not loose gemstones but I do remember some cable jewelry shows showing loose gemstones but the ones I really enjoyed had jewelry like rings, pins, pendants, bracelets with prices marked on them as the turntable went around.  Some of them had tables for under 100.00 and various other priced turntables.

Respected Contributor

If you are referring to JTV, yes, I have purchased many items over the years. Sometimes I can be so happy and impressed, other times, back it goes. As long as you are willing to return pieces it's a fine choice, and always check reviews. They actually give more info on gemstones, origin, treatment, dimension than other shopping venues.

Honored Contributor

Gemshopping is one channel; my cable also has another I don't know the name of - not JTV, which isn't in the same league with gemshopping. What I mostly see is jewelry bought in lots from estate sales and maybe pawn shops (who knows where they get all their things) offered for sale. Much of what I see is in the thousands, ranges from $1000-$4000. They are one-of-a-kind pieces.

I have always wondered who would spend $2000 from what they are told about an item they can't see/touch in person, and/or take what the announcer says about the overall value, the value and quality of the stones, etc., as true. I sure wouldn't.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have and will continue to buy from GemShopping. They have a 30 day return, something I had to use only once in all the time I've been watching.

I really don't understand the why would someone shop good jewelry on tv? As I said the return is the industry standard and certificate from the GIA comes with many of their pieces.

I have everything checked out well before the return window closes.  You can bargain with them, something no other channel has yet to offer.