Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you bought your ticket to hear LR?

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

I would think that Lisa would be some sort of motivational speaker.  No matter your feelings about her, no one can say that she has not accomplished many things in her life.  Most of us will never do the things that she has done, and some may be jealous, but especially for young women who are trying to find their way, I personally think that she could provide the motivation and feeling that dreams can be accomplished.  If this is part of the intent of her program, then $35 is a bargain for those interested.

And she will never do what many of the women on this forum have done -- raise a family, which I dare say, is much harder than what she has done.  She had a great career, good for her, I only wish her well.  And maybe she would be a good speaker.  But I would not pay to listen as I don't think there is anything she could enlighten me on, that I have not already heard before.

I do not know how to do the quote, so this is my response to Puppy Lips.

I agree that raising a family can be a hard but satisfying life, but no one on this board really knows anything about her personal life except what she has chosen to share.  To marginalize her for a perception of which we know nothing is unfair. 

I do not think that raising a family is for everyone and it certainly should not be the barometer of who she is.  There are many people who cannot have children, whose children have passed, who do not think that they could do a good job, etc.  I could go on. 

I always try to be respectful no matter where I post, but I find the attitude about Lisa not having children to be offensive.  Maybe I am the only one. I have respect for the talents that she has shown--nothing more.

I do not feel that I am "marginalizing" her for not having children.  That is the life she chose, and that is fine.  Some relatives very close to me were not able to have children, and I know that can be difficult, but people without kids can have a fulfilling life without raising a family.

I was just stating that her choice to not marry, have a family, or even a pet for that matter, allowed her to have the time and energy for her career.  Life is all about choices.  For the other poster to state that she has done all these great things, that many of "us" will never get to do was I think, a insulting.  Everyone has done some great things in their own way.

Like I said before, I wish her well.  But I just don't get this whole movement of putting her on a pedestal and following her like a celebrity.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

I can think of better ways and/or things to spend my $35 on....and no it's not on QVC.

Respected Contributor

$35.00 WoW

Not interested at all. She's old news.

Super Contributor

I would assert that if LR were to have gotten married, had a family or even a pet, she would have had to put others before herself. Caring for a family (and pets) takes someone special who can, in many cases, consider others needs ahead of their own. Ain't gonna happen with LR.
Trusted Contributor

I keep forgetting that those who think Lisa was the best host probably never saw Kathy Levine.  I heard Lisa Mason speak once, and it was free.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

I would think that Lisa would be some sort of motivational speaker.  No matter your feelings about her, no one can say that she has not accomplished many things in her life.  Most of us will never do the things that she has done, and some may be jealous, but especially for young women who are trying to find their way, I personally think that she could provide the motivation and feeling that dreams can be accomplished.  If this is part of the intent of her program, then $35 is a bargain for those interested.

And she will never do what many of the women on this forum have done -- raise a family, which I dare say, is much harder than what she has done.  She had a great career, good for her, I only wish her well.  And maybe she would be a good speaker.  But I would not pay to listen as I don't think there is anything she could enlighten me on, that I have not already heard before.

Ok, so, I have never raised a family. Chose not to have kids. So I guess I have never done anything "hard". The things I read on this board are Mind Boggling!

Honored Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
I would assert that if LR were to have gotten married, had a family or even a pet, she would have had to put others before herself. Caring for a family (and pets) takes someone special who can, in many cases, consider others needs ahead of their own. Ain't gonna happen with LR.

To be fair, we don't know what, if anything, from her past, childhood, etc. affected her such that the drive to be rich and famous trumps everything else, with some degree of apparent narcissism. We all have reasons for what we do and don't do - they are what make us human.

I never married and didn't have kids; I didn't want to do either. Quite happy that way.  Animals, I have had. So many celebrities, who travel a lot more than Lisa especially when she was at QVC and not jet-setting every other day, have pets. They take them with. Look at Joan Rivers, LR's bestie. Even before she left QVC, Lisa had the money to have people pet sit if needed - and she wasn't gone constantly. Now she has Katie, but she could still have a pet sitter or take a pet with her - if it was important to her. I suspect her pristine showcase house is most important of all in the pet equation. This is true for a lot of people.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I guess you have to have watched LR on the Q to know what it is about this woman that brings out so much vitriol.  The mere mention of her name sets off a snark fest.

Since I never have time to watch, I just don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

I guess you have to have watched LR on the Q to know what it is about this woman that brings out so much vitriol.  The mere mention of her name sets off a snark fest.

Since I never have time to watch, I just don't get it.

That's perfectly okay - after all, there is no requirement to "get" something before one offers an opinion on it - happens on these forums every hour 😎

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, let's hope the talk for $35 is more interesting and informative than this chat with Laura Geller.  References to LR, her tribe and celebrities and something here and there about LG.  What a snooze fest!  I kept skipping ahead.  Also, such a fabulously stylish moment with LR in the red cold shoulder top, drain clearing necklace (she changed out the tassel one) and chunky earrings.  Oh, and those eyelashes needed fixing, trimming or removing because they looked like they were about to fall off.  I figured out what the tight hair is all about -- a quicky facelift. She needs to broaden her horizons if she wants to attract an outside audience.