Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you bought your ticket to hear LR?

I would think that Lisa would be some sort of motivational speaker.  No matter your feelings about her, no one can say that she has not accomplished many things in her life.  Most of us will never do the things that she has done, and some may be jealous, but especially for young women who are trying to find their way, I personally think that she could provide the motivation and feeling that dreams can be accomplished.  If this is part of the intent of her program, then $35 is a bargain for those interested.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I would think that Lisa would be some sort of motivational speaker.  No matter your feelings about her, no one can say that she has not accomplished many things in her life.  Most of us will never do the things that she has done, and some may be jealous, but especially for young women who are trying to find their way, I personally think that she could provide the motivation and feeling that dreams can be accomplished.  If this is part of the intent of her program, then $35 is a bargain for those interested.

And she will never do what many of the women on this forum have done -- raise a family, which I dare say, is much harder than what she has done.  She had a great career, good for her, I only wish her well.  And maybe she would be a good speaker.  But I would not pay to listen as I don't think there is anything she could enlighten me on, that I have not already heard before.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@qwarkster wrote:

@NewerNickname wrote:

From the State Theatre website:

Come spend an afternoon with Lisa Robertson! Lisa is a designer, fashion authority, and TV personality. You know her well from her 20 years at QVC, and you’ll have the rare opportunity to see her live at the State Theatre. She’ll talk to President & CEO Shelley Brown about her years as everyone’s favorite TV host and guru, along with her plans for the future.( And we’ll convince her to share behind-the-scenes chat about her years on live TV.) Bring your questions for what will be a fascinating Q&A session.

Well, if you say it enough maybe it becomes true.  Lisa is not and never was a designer of anything, nor was she a fashion authority since she can't get an outfit on that fits, coordinates, or is on trend not to mention being overdone with accessories.  TV personality is also a stretch -- she was a shopping channel host. 

I sure would like to go so I can ask her how she grows tomato plants in the winter back east.  Her winterized tomato hybrid could bring her beaucoup bucks.  The picture on her FB proves it.  Really, she said so, and I saw it on FB last winter.  Never heard of winter tomatoes growing in freezing temperatures.  Only know about those grown in Mexico or in the Southern Hemisphere in the summer there.  But most likely it was a backdated picture from early spring that year.  The tales this woman spins . . . maybe she ought to write a book . . . of fairytales.

________

qwark: Can't resist teasing you a little bit. Did Lisa run off with your Husband and your Dog?

Why such intense antagonism, towards a stranger, on TV, who has zero impact on your life?  Why even go to her FB, when you can't stand her?

And BTW, per Colorado State U.:

This winter, you can have it. You don't need a green thumb or a greenhouse to grow vine-ripened tomatoes indoors. "Window-sill" tomatoes will do well in 6-inch pots filled with good potting soil. You'll also need the right tomato seed, seed starter mix, fertilizer, and plant stakes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

And she will never do what many of the women on this forum have done -- raise a family, which I dare say, is much harder than what she has done.  She had a great career, good for her, I only wish her well.  And maybe she would be a good speaker.  But I would not pay to listen as I don't think there is anything she could enlighten me on, that I have not already heard before.

I do not know how to do the quote, so this is my response to Puppy Lips.

I agree that raising a family can be a hard but satisfying life, but no one on this board really knows anything about her personal life except what she has chosen to share.  To marginalize her for a perception of which we know nothing is unfair. 

I do not think that raising a family is for everyone and it certainly should not be the barometer of who she is.  There are many people who cannot have children, whose children have passed, who do not think that they could do a good job, etc.  I could go on. 

I always try to be respectful no matter where I post, but I find the attitude about Lisa not having children to be offensive.  Maybe I am the only one. I have respect for the talents that she has shown--nothing more.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

This thread has really become a mess. Good Lord.😳
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The State Theatre Center for the Arts where Lisa is performing is in Easton, PA.  Easton is equidistant from West Chester, PA and New York City, about 130 miles to both.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suhse wrote:

@qwarkster wrote:

@NewerNickname wrote:

From the State Theatre website:

Come spend an afternoon with Lisa Robertson! Lisa is a designer, fashion authority, and TV personality. You know her well from her 20 years at QVC, and you’ll have the rare opportunity to see her live at the State Theatre. She’ll talk to President & CEO Shelley Brown about her years as everyone’s favorite TV host and guru, along with her plans for the future.( And we’ll convince her to share behind-the-scenes chat about her years on live TV.) Bring your questions for what will be a fascinating Q&A session.

Well, if you say it enough maybe it becomes true.  Lisa is not and never was a designer of anything, nor was she a fashion authority since she can't get an outfit on that fits, coordinates, or is on trend not to mention being overdone with accessories.  TV personality is also a stretch -- she was a shopping channel host. 

I sure would like to go so I can ask her how she grows tomato plants in the winter back east.  Her winterized tomato hybrid could bring her beaucoup bucks.  The picture on her FB proves it.  Really, she said so, and I saw it on FB last winter.  Never heard of winter tomatoes growing in freezing temperatures.  Only know about those grown in Mexico or in the Southern Hemisphere in the summer there.  But most likely it was a backdated picture from early spring that year.  The tales this woman spins . . . maybe she ought to write a book . . . of fairytales.

________

qwark: Can't resist teasing you a little bit. Did Lisa run off with your Husband and your Dog?

Why such intense antagonism, towards a stranger, on TV, who has zero impact on your life?  Why even go to her FB, when you can't stand her?

And BTW, per Colorado State U.:

This winter, you can have it. You don't need a green thumb or a greenhouse to grow vine-ripened tomatoes indoors. "Window-sill" tomatoes will do well in 6-inch pots filled with good potting soil. You'll also need the right tomato seed, seed starter mix, fertilizer, and plant stakes.

Windowsill is not what was in the picture and the plant was not a seedling.  Besides she's never home to take care of seedlings.  I wasn't born yesterday.

Intense antagonism is a good description but there's truth to everything I say.  You just don't get it.  The woman has a lot of impact on many lives and in a very underhanded way, whether the recipients know it or not.  She is a charlatan.  If I can bring just one person to their senses, my job will be done.  I don't have to know her personally to recognize that she has ulterior motives, none of which are to your benefit.  If that doesn't bother you, enjoy the show.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The State Theatre Center for the Arts where Lisa is performing is in Easton, PA.  Easton is equidistant from West Chester, PA and New York City, about 130 miles to both.

I think the word "performing" is quite apropos in this instance.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I agree with the comment that she's a charlatan.  First and foremost, that's the reason I don't care for her.

Super Contributor

I agree that she is a charlatan! That is the best way to describe her! And it didn't just begin with "her" new jewelry line or all the other stuff she's peddling! It goes all the way back to her QVC days. That was the beginning of the creation of her tribe which now has fanatical adoration for her.