Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Received Your Goldrush Purchase(s) Yet?

Islandgrrrl, those earrings are very pretty.

My watch was shipped on 1/28, but tracking doesn't show any 'progress'. Nuttin.

I called C/S yesterday just to make sure it was on it's way to me. She confirmed that, but it didn't sound too convincing!

So I'm still waiting for something that wasn't on waitlist when I bought it. It's now sold out and I'll be so dang mad if I get someone else's return....

Super Contributor

On 2/1/2014 stevieb said:

I wore them both around today and I am leaning toward keeping the emerald cut. They're both set in rose gold, but upon wearing them side by side the cluster ring really wasn't more saturated as I'd thought. Moreover, the emerald cut is the size I actually wanted. I sized down in the cluster ring and though it fits perfectly, it wouldn't work so well on my middle finger, where I often wear my rings. The clincher is the several hundred dollar savings, since the emerald cut was a limited quantities prices. I'm thinking the cluster ring actually has more of a gold and diamond presence, but the original retail prices, if they're to be believed, were similar, I think because of the value of the more sizable single Morganite stone.

Still just leaning, though? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Stare deeply into the stone ... Emerald ... emerald ... emerald ... You are getting sleepy ... very sleepy... Emerald ... emerald ... emerald ...

With my ring, I noticed that the color looked especially saturated on a rainy day. Not sure what that was about.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/1/2014 gazelle77 said:

I never feel I need hide anything from my DH. Why should I? I find this behavior disturbing. If it works for you, that is good I guess, but, to live hiding secrets from each other seem deceitful.

Please don't make more of this than it is. My husband sees plenty of my packages. Why should it disturb you? Different strokes. By the way, I'm extremely honest in every other aspect of my life and don't have many secrets.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/1/2014 NycVixen said:
On 2/1/2014 ennui1 said:
On 2/1/2014 ennui1 said:
On 2/1/2014 ennui1 said:

Imho, while sneaking and hiding purchases is often amusing, these same women would hit the roof if their husband were sneaking anything behind them.

Apparently, I hit a nerve.

Why is everyone else entitled to have opinions and make observations, but I am not?

You made a statement about what we will do - not what you think we might do. It was not an observation because you haven't observed anything.

I said "would." Would (expressing the conditional mood) indicating the consequence of an imagined event or situation; a possible situation that has not happened.

Unless of course, you already know your husband is sneaking something, and it's no longer a conditional, imagined consequence.

I still think all the sneaking women would hit the roof if their husbands were also sneaking. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. But then it isn't funny.

You don't have nothing better to do than to 'imagine' what people you don't know from a hole in the wall are doing. But since I have a life I never thought that a simple comment would get you thinking about 'imagined situations' about people you don't know.

I'm not going to argue about grammar with you. You don't know what the heck you are talking about. I'm a graduate student ( I get paid to go to school and to teach) so I don't spend my time trying to imagine about others in a forum. It's obvious you have the time to waste on ill conceived speculation that arises out of malice. So sad for you.

No - I don't give a hoot what my husband buys. But I guess we can't have a little fun on these boards. Now we're labeled "sneaking women". You know what? If putting a few packages into my jacket is the worst thing I do in my life, then I'm probably doing okay. Maybe better than being a judgmental poster and armchair psychologist.

Super Contributor

On 2/3/2014 misschristy said:

No - I don't give a hoot what my husband buys. But I guess we can't have a little fun on these boards. Now we're labeled "sneaking women". You know what? If putting a few packages into my jacket is the worst thing I do in my life, then I'm probably doing okay. Maybe better than being a judgmental poster and armchair psychologist.

I am not judgmental and I am not an armchair psychologist. Again, I hit a nerve.

It's a pretty simple rule -- if you have to hide what you're doing, you probably shouldn't be doing it. I think all the people who are getting huffy and indignant know this.

Super Contributor

On 2/3/2014 Lucky Charm said:

I called C/S yesterday just to make sure it was on it's way to me. She confirmed that, but it didn't sound too convincing!

So I'm still waiting for something that wasn't on waitlist when I bought it. It's now sold out and I'll be so dang mad if I get someone else's return....

I hope you get your watch. I got one in the black leather band and it is a stunner!!! I put myself on waitlist for the "camel" band (couldn't make up my mind) but the black is so nice I think I'm just going to cancel the waitlist. I have so many watches, but I can't stop staring at this one. I also got the TSV bracelet to wear with it. Together they are a winner. I know the bracelet is lightweight, but I kind of like that with the watch. I wouldn't want anything real heavy scratching up the watch.

Contributor

Yes, today I received the double row Byzantine 17 gram gold bracelet. I ordered it, cancelled, had second thoughts and ordered again. By that time it was on wait list only. So I went that route. A few days later I noticed that it went from wait list to in process of shipping! The bracelet is 17 grams of gold as advertised. It is a really nice shade of gold, not the pale colored gold that has sometimes been offered before. Everything is smooth and shiny, no sharp edges. It is a really beautiful bracelet. My only gripe was the generic box that the bracelet was packaged in..so ugly and plain for a gold bracelet that cost over $1,000 with shipping and state tax!!!! Good thing that the bracelet is for me and not a gift. That stated, the bracelet is a keeper. I would highly recommend it!
Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2014 kahootz said:
On 2/3/2014 Lucky Charm said:

I hope you get your watch. I got one in the black leather band and it is a stunner!!! I put myself on waitlist for the "camel" band (couldn't make up my mind) but the black is so nice I think I'm just going to cancel the waitlist. I have so many watches, but I can't stop staring at this one. I also got the TSV bracelet to wear with it. Together they are a winner. I know the bracelet is lightweight, but I kind of like that with the watch. I wouldn't want anything real heavy scratching up the watch.

I'm so jealous! I ordered the black one, too. Since it's sold out, I guess I won't be getting mine. C/S kept telling me they would gladly refund me my money. I want the watch. Not the money.!

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2014 pezheadbob said: Yes, today I received the double row Byzantine 17 gram gold bracelet. I ordered it, cancelled, had second thoughts and ordered again. By that time it was on wait list only. So I went that route. A few days later I noticed that it went from wait list to in process of shipping! The bracelet is 17 grams of gold as advertised. It is a really nice shade of gold, not the pale colored gold that has sometimes been offered before. Everything is smooth and shiny, no sharp edges. It is a really beautiful bracelet. My only gripe was the generic box that the bracelet was packaged in..so ugly and plain for a gold bracelet that cost over $1,000 with shipping and state tax!!!! Good thing that the bracelet is for me and not a gift. That stated, the bracelet is a keeper. I would highly recommend it!

That bracelet is a stunner. I don't own any byzantine and am afraid I'd get hooked. lol. I've ordered and cancelled and re-ordered, too. 17 grams is sweet!

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2014 ennui1 said:
On 2/1/2014 stevieb said:

I wore them both around today and I am leaning toward keeping the emerald cut. They're both set in rose gold, but upon wearing them side by side the cluster ring really wasn't more saturated as I'd thought. Moreover, the emerald cut is the size I actually wanted. I sized down in the cluster ring and though it fits perfectly, it wouldn't work so well on my middle finger, where I often wear my rings. The clincher is the several hundred dollar savings, since the emerald cut was a limited quantities prices. I'm thinking the cluster ring actually has more of a gold and diamond presence, but the original retail prices, if they're to be believed, were similar, I think because of the value of the more sizable single Morganite stone.

Still just leaning, though? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Stare deeply into the stone ... Emerald ... emerald ... emerald ... You are getting sleepy ... very sleepy... Emerald ... emerald ... emerald ...

With my ring, I noticed that the color looked especially saturated on a rainy day. Not sure what that was about.

I'm keeping the emerald cut. The other is going back... The multi-stone ring is very, very pretty, but the single large emerald cut stone is a 'wow'... Understated, elegant and beautiful, but a 'wow'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...