Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Sold Gold?

Yes, I have sold gold. It all depends on what gold is selling for at the time as to what you get. I had a small palm full of broken chains and they gave me a little over $800,,,,,,I was in shock.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  I haven't read the entire responses (have to go to work), but if you go to cashforgoldlosangeles there is a calculator that you can enter the type of gold (10K, 14K, etc) and the grams and get a price.

The price fluctuates, but a few years ago, I sold off all my 80's gold jewelry and ended up close to 10K, which I re-did my kitchen countertops and got new appliances.

This site would be a good starting point to find out how much its worth.  I still have a couple of large gold rings, and there are usually jewelry places in the mall that will buy them you for "scrap" gold prices.  The prices were slightly less then going to the LA downtown jewelry mart, but a lot easier to do.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for sharing the nice story :-) At least your lovely great aunt bought gold and jewelry what is always a great investment. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a live link previously removed by the MODS

Valued Contributor

@battulaljewellers wrote:

Just find a good jewelry store, they will give you satisfied ammount for your old jewelry

That's what I did when gold was high. My jewelry store paid MORE than a pawn shop, etc. I came away with over 2k for old broken chains, ring settings, chain bracelets, and charms.

Occasional Contributor

I hope you did the math before :-) it was probably worth MUCH more!

Honored Contributor

I sold some gold items to my local jewelry store, you don't get much but better than leaving them sit in your jewelry box.

Honored Contributor

I got rid of gold jewelry I inherited and gold jewelry I collected over the years that did not have sentimental value. I went through Gold Buyers and was satisfied with the dollar value they gave me for the gold. I would have held on to the jewelry though, if it was not selling at such a high price at the time. Many of the pieces had semi precious stones and Diamonique in them and of course I knew I had to give up the stones.