Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone purchased these rings?

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lady Chat   No, and I wouldn't.  As @nova   points out From the photo, it looks like the center is an illusion; that is, four very small stones that are supposed to appear as one larger carat weight stone unless you look closely.   I dislike that illusion.  Also, there are a lot of stones making up that one carat of diamonds - a lot of very small stones are not what I want when I want a one carat diamond ring.  I'm not into "trump l'oeuil" which is "fooling the eye."  I don't want to fool people into thinking something is more than it really is (content and quality).

Lastly, the few Affiinity diamonds I have purchased over the years I have sent back (and haven't purchased any in many years) for poor quality.  IMO you can do better for the money if you look elsewhere.

Trump l'oeuil...haha...very funny!

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lady Chat   No, and I wouldn't.  As @nova   points out From the photo, it looks like the center is an illusion; that is, four very small stones that are supposed to appear as one larger carat weight stone unless you look closely.   I dislike that illusion.  Also, there are a lot of stones making up that one carat of diamonds - a lot of very small stones are not what I want when I want a one carat diamond ring.  I'm not into "trump l'oeuil" which is "fooling the eye."  I don't want to fool people into thinking something is more than it really is (content and quality).

Lastly, the few Affiinity diamonds I have purchased over the years I have sent back (and haven't purchased any in many years) for poor quality.  IMO you can do better for the money if you look elsewhere.

Trump l'oeuil...haha...very funny!

@Justice4all   Ooops - LOL - misspelled.  I haven't used that term in years.  It's French of course and let's clarify it has been around for hundreds of years.  

trompe l'oeil
/ˌtrômp ˈloi/
noun

1. visual illusion in art, especially as used to trick the eye into perceiving a painted detail as a three-dimensional object.
    "look at the pillars and arches around the immense dome—they are trompe l'œil"
    • a painting or design intended to create the illusion of a three-dimensional object.
      noun: trompe l'œil; plural noun: trompe l'œils
      "she climbed up to paint a trompe l'œil over the brackets as camouflage"
Respected Contributor

@Lady Chat wrote:

J358891 Affinity Diamond Cushion Seamless Ring, 1.00 cttw 

or

J358892  Affinity Diamond 14K Gold Round Seamless Ring, 1.00 cttw

What are your thoughts about the rings? Thank you!

They look pretty but the clarity is I2. Maybe if you decide to purchase, you might consider having a trusted jeweler appraise it.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky