Contributor

Has anyone purchased these rings?

J358891 Affinity Diamond Cushion Seamless Ring, 1.00 cttw 

or

J358892  Affinity Diamond 14K Gold Round Seamless Ring, 1.00 cttw

What are your thoughts about the rings? Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone purchased these rings?

@Lady Chat  No I have not purchased either ring but I think they look beautiful - I especially like the cushion cut in white gold.  I used to work for a large jewelry store & these preset rings where the diamonds are set "invisibly" were always quite popular and sold well.  The ring should give you a big flash of sparkle.  If you choose to buy it I hope you love it!

Honored Contributor

I haven't but they are both beautiful rings.  

Honored Contributor

They are lovely but I would compare pricing on other channels. Enjoy the ring you decide to get.😃
Contributor

@nova wrote:

@Lady Chat  No I have not purchased either ring but I think they look beautiful - I especially like the cushion cut in white gold.  I used to work for a large jewelry store & these preset rings where the diamonds are set "invisibly" were always quite popular and sold well.  The ring should give you a big flash of sparkle.  If you choose to buy it I hope you love it!

Thanks for your reply.  I'm a little nervous about the invisably set stones in the center, I hope they wear well and don't fall out.  Have you any experience with that?  I appreciate you taking the time to reply, thanks again!

Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I haven't but they are both beautiful rings.  

@chrystaltree   I think so too, thanks for your reply!

Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:
They are lovely but I would compare pricing on other channels. Enjoy the ring you decide to get.😃

@sunshine 919   Sounds like a good idea too.  Thanks for your reply!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lady Chat  When I worked at the jewelry store invisibly set rings were always very popular.  From a distance it appears as 1 large center diamond instead of a cluster of several stones.  They are set very tightly & always have a big pop of sparkle.  These diamond rings were even popular with the employees - & we were picky because we saw so much inventory everyday!  Remember to be careful about sizing when you buy it.  Because of the diamonds going down the sides you don't want to go down too much or you risk having the diamonds getting loose.  Go into a jewelry store & try on a ring or 2 to see for yourself.  I think you will be very pleased.  Let us know what you decide & enjoy whatever you purchase. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

both are beautiful . 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lady Chat   No, and I wouldn't.  As @nova   points out From the photo, it looks like the center is an illusion; that is, four very small stones that are supposed to appear as one larger carat weight stone unless you look closely.   I dislike that illusion.  Also, there are a lot of stones making up that one carat of diamonds - a lot of very small stones are not what I want when I want a one carat diamond ring.  I'm not into "trump l'oeuil" which is "fooling the eye."  I don't want to fool people into thinking something is more than it really is (content and quality).

Lastly, the few Affiinity diamonds I have purchased over the years I have sent back (and haven't purchased any in many years) for poor quality.  IMO you can do better for the money if you look elsewhere.