Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone here replaced their watch's battery? If so, what tools do you need?

Same for me.  The only caution is if it's a waterproof watch.  Those seem harder to change batteries and the bummer is watch makers really up charge on those.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone here replaced their watch's battery? If so, what tools do you need?

[ Edited ]

Not me I would not have a clue.  I use a local independent jewelry company the family opened in the 1860's.  Same family still owns it.  Sons on down the line.........

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

I replace batteries all the time.  Go to Am---- and look up battery replacement kits.  They  have different kinds & prices. Just  buy one of the inexpensive one. The tools are easy to use.  Sure is cheaper than going to a jewelry store.

Honored Contributor

We have a lovely local jewelry store in my town; beautiful diamonds, watches, clocks lots of silver jewelry and opaque gemstones.  Even a silversmith to do repairs.  They charge $9 to change batteries if you bring in more than 3.  I was joking with the owner and told her if I brought in all my dead watches she could retire.  As I was checking out, she approached me and said if I'd bring in 20 watches, they'd put in new batteries for $5/each.  She gave me her card and wrote the offer on the back.  I intend to do it.

People ought to try to negotiate these things.  Small businesses are struggling.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment