Super Contributor

I was a little girl when he passed but I remember hearing the news when I was on vacation at the Jersey Shore. I love all his lesser known songs but heck - they're all great! Long live Elvis! He might have been a bit before my time but I love him and good grief was he hotter than heck in that 1968 Comeback Special

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Valued Contributor

Hunka Hunka burnin love!!!!

Frequent Contributor

There just cannot be a more handsome man than Elvis. WHAT A GORGEOUS HUNK !!!!

Honored Contributor

I regret I didn't get to see him in concert. I'm trying to see all the greats before they go so I don't regret seeing them.

Loretta Lynn is at the top of my list. Her health has been so up and down lately I'm afraid I'll miss my chance.

I love when I travel for work because Hertz gives me satellit ratio and I can listen to the Elvis channel the whole time. Best channel out there. So much fun stuff on there.

I need to get to Graceland, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor
I live in a Memphis and have visited Graceland many times as out of town family and friends love to go there. Hubby and I saw him twice in concert and he was wonderful...I personally, have never heard a bad recording...he could have sung the phone book..and sounded great. Va Belle35.....we visited Loretta Lynn's home about 3 months ago (on Fall drive around) and found out she is usually there, but at that time was in Washington DC receiving an award from the President. Check her website for when she will appear at her home.. :-)
Contributor
Thanks for the reminder.I cannot believe I forgot. One of me favorite songs was ( and still is) American Trilogy. It was incredible to hear him sing that in concert. But, of course he could take any song and make it sound incredible.
Super Contributor
On 1/8/2014 Crazed4Gems said:

I was a little girl when he passed but I remember hearing the news when I was on vacation at the Jersey Shore.

I know most people talk about where they were when they heard about JFK ... that was before my time, but I do remember where I was when I heard about Elvis. We were in the car, listening to one of those smarty-pants disc jockeys ... he said "Elvis is dead," and I remember thinking, "well, that's not very funny" ... and it was true. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Long live the King. Wink