Honored Contributor

@Shanus    Quality control, if it still exists, is a random process and always has been.  There's no ways they could check every one of 5,000 or more pairs of earrings, especially since so many experience shipping delays and must be sent to customers NOW. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    I have to disagree with your article.  The Chinese-made clothing I've received over the years has been beautifully made.  I've never had a manufacturing flaw in any of the dozens of pieces I've gotten.  Never lost a button even after repeated wearing.  Never had a hem come out or a seam ravel.   No complaint whatsoever. 

Honored Contributor

I got burned once with huggies, never again.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee    I have to disagree with your article.  The Chinese-made clothing I've received over the years has been beautifully made.  I've never had a manufacturing flaw in any of the dozens of pieces I've gotten.  Never lost a button even after repeated wearing.  Never had a hem come out or a seam ravel.   No complaint whatsoever. 

@Kachina624 

Lol.  I knew I'd hear from you because you stated this quite a few times.  However, my and many others experiences have been quite different than yours.  I know that leaves you scratching your head asking "How can that be?"

My experience is with a wide variety of things, not just clothing.  When something arrives with a tie dye look that wasn't supposed to be tie dye, size 8 and 10 actually measure as a QVC 6, a jacket measures 2 inches shorter than QVC's measurement, an AC dies after 28 days, lights don't work after 5-6 weeks, paint and glass chips, dents in the product not caused by shipping, lumpy and uneven paint application, dried glue dripping down the sides of the product, parts put on crooked, holes in the metal, just a few examples, something is very wrong.  

Price isn't always a factor.  The prices of the above range from $75 to $450.  

China does make some very high quality things, but I think some American companies supervise manufacturing more closely making sure quality is up to their standards.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    I haven't personally had the misfortune of receiving the junk you have, I do read constant complaints about VPHs items being of such extremely poor quality.  While not cheap, they are at the lower end of cost.  I also hear a lot about the "planned obsolescence" of major appliances which are very expensive and don't last long. 

Honored Contributor

There's a reviewer who posted a picture showing the huggies on the ear. To me they don't look that small. They look like what I imagined them to be.

Honored Contributor

Re: HUGGIES RETURNED

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

FYI,  If you wish to do so, you can correct the title of this thread from post #1.

Valued Contributor

I've had size issues in the past from different companies.  Q always has the measurements listed for their jewelry in the online description. If I can't visualize it I make a sketch using the measurements so I know it will work for me.