Honored Contributor

Re: HSN's Today's Special Jewelry Box - Good Deal - No Tarnish Protection?

You can buy the little 3M tarnish protection squares on ebay for a few dollars and put them inside the box.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/24/2015 JESSA said:

I read where you can put a piece of chalk or those silica packs in to keep your silver from tarnishing.

i have never heard that jessa.....interesting.

i have saved so many of those little black papers from qvc and hsn i just throw them into my jewelry boxes and they seem to work. you can also find them on ebay and they are very inexpensive.

I'm going to look for those papers, thanks sunshine.

Jessa
Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Shelbelle said:

You can buy the little 3M tarnish protection squares on ebay for a few dollars and put them inside the box.

Thanks Shelbelle.

Jessa
New Contributor

Thank you EdithEllenLily! That suggestion was great and a big help. I am not sure how these blogs work after all these years, but again thank you...Simple things mean a lot. All suggestions on this topic are welcomed. Kind regards, Susan

Honored Contributor

I thought these would be nice for cleaning up a drunk drawer, craft supplies, etc. but NOT for jewelry.

To have 1,000 pieces of jewelry in those cases, everything was piled on top of each other. That is what I want to get away from by storing things in a jewelry box. I don't personally mind that it wasn't tarnish free.

I know this wouldn't be for everyone but I bought jewelry organizers at Aldi for $4.99 each. They are very similar to the Joan Rivers' ones that hang up and have the individual pockets to put your stuff in. That's what I wanted. I don't want to have to dig through something to find what I'm looking for nor do I want to have to open up cases. I want it all visible to me.