Valued Contributor

I found out today that HSN does not provide a customer 30 days to try an item and still return it. I bought a pair of earrings and returned them with 30 days of receipt. HSN shipped the earrings back to me with a letter stating that items have to be returned within 30 days of PURCHASE. Depending upon how long HSN takes to get the item to the post office, and how long the post office takes for delivery, a customer may have 21 days or so to review an item. I guess I should have read the policy a little closer about returns, since each item will have a different amount of time that a customer may try it before having to return it, based on how quickly HSN sends the item out and how soon delivery is made.

Valued Contributor

I would call customer service if I were you and request a free return label at this point:

30-day Satisfaction Guarantee!

We stand by every product we sell and we want you to be completely satisfied with the purchase you make. If any HSN purchase does not meet your expectations, you may return the item within 30 days of the date of receipt for a full refund including the original shipping and handling.

Note: Returns made after the stated return policy period will be returned to the sender.

Regular Contributor

I just returned an item to HSN for the first time. It was a computer so I called CS to make sure of all the rules. After looking up my order, the representative told me it had to be in their warehouse by a certain date. I was very nervous until I knew it had arrived in time. I thought it was a bit odd, considering I was returning the computer because it was defective.

Honored Contributor

EVINE also says they must have returns back within 30 days of purchase.

Respected Contributor
I would call customer service too. They have always bent over backwards to keep me happy. Although it might be because of the amount of stuff I've bought from them over the last several months. That reminds me...I have something to get sent back!
Valued Contributor
On 2/24/2015 Reba055 said: I would call customer service too. They have always bent over backwards to keep me happy. Although it might be because of the amount of stuff I've bought from them over the last several months. That reminds me...I have something to get sent back!

I agree--I have had very good luck with their Customer Service BUT I must add that I am a VERY good customer of HSN--I buy the majority of my on-line purchases from them. In fact, I rarely shop ANYWHERE else--including B/M stores.

Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem or issue, except once when I called to get their return address. It was during Xmas so you get until Jan 31. Well she told me it would not get to the warehouse in time since it was so close to 1/31. I insisted she give me the address, she did. I mailed it back and received a refund -- no problem.

Respected Contributor

On a sidenote, I generally return things within two weeks. I know right away if it's something I like or don't.

Super Contributor
I buy very few items from hsn. I purchased a Christmas gift for my son-in-law. It fell apart as it was being unwrapped. If I remember correctly, this was only the third purchase I have ever had to return. I used the return label included in the packaging. Took it to post office, paid postage and insurance and mailed it ($9.75 to return). About 10 days later it showed up back on my doorstep. I sent a very angry e-mail to customer service. They apologized and gave me a different address to return it to. Carefully followed all instructions. Mailed it and paid postage and insurance again (another $9.75) . Guess what. It was also refused at that address and was again on my doorstep a couple weeks later. They are supposedly sending a pre-paid label this time. Most frustrating experience I've ever been through. Afraid I'm done with hsn.
Frequent Contributor
I, unfortunately, have returned several times to HSN. I have slways felt that I got the full 30 days to returns things. Maybe they are also starting to crack down and not be as forgiving or lenient if it ARRIVES past the 30 days. I do think that they do not allow anything to be past the Jan. 31st extended delivery, though. That's what I have read several times. Sorry for your hassles.