Trusted Contributor

On a hoop, I like the snap bar closure.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@IMW wrote:

Posts bother my ears, I get cysts. I prefer the snap and bar closure on hoops and lever backs or shepherds hooks with stoppers. 

Also, can only wear solid gold. Silver ladies you are lucky.

@IMW  Can you wear white gold if you want the white metal look?

Yes, even though there is nickel alloy in it. Good question.

Honored Contributor

I don’t like having the hinge showing in front.

Honored Contributor

Snap bar.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I don’t like having the hinge showing in front.

@sidsmom  That hinge is always a deal breaker for me, too. 

Respected Contributor

I like a really small 11mm huggie hoop & have 2 pairs in 14K in yellow gold & white gold that I've had for nearly 20 years now.  I trade colors every so often, but wear them 24/7.  They're similar to these:

Related image

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I like a really small 11mm huggie hoop & have 2 pairs in 14K in yellow gold & white gold that I've had for nearly 20 years now.  I trade colors every so often, but wear them 24/7.  They're similar to these:

Related image

@aubnwa01  Those are beautiful. I like that the way the earring is made, the piercing is covered by part of the gold. 

Respected Contributor

Re: HOOP EARRING PREFERENCE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Related image

@aubnwa01  Those are beautiful. I like that the way the earring is made, the piercing is covered by part of the gold. 

Thanks, @Shanus I love that there's nothing to snag or catch on anything & they're small enough that they almost "read" like a stud earring on the ear, but very comfortable to wear all the time & sleep in.  I got them at a jewelry store in Seattle, back when gold was a lot cheaper & even though they're small, they're really weighty for their size & very solidly made.  When they snap closed, they make a nice loud solid click so you know they're shut.

ETA: When I got them, I had to go to a piercing/tattoo parlor  to get my piercings enlarged (that was an interesting Saturday afternoon experience in itself!) because the part that goes thru the ear was much bigger than what my old 40+ year old piercings could take, even trying to force it. 

Honored Contributor

I like when the earring is all one piece.  I like those snap bar closures but some earriings have ones that are terribly hard to unsnape once they are in!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01. That’s really interesting because most earring posts are a standard mm wire. Sorry you had to be “re-pierced”, but oh so worth it, to wear those earrings.