Honored Contributor

When you purchase or wear hoop earrings, do you prefer hoops with a with a wire and snap bar closure or hoops with a straight bar and butterfly clasp?

I prefer either, but like when the earring lays flat against the ear not showing the piercing. 

Your preference?

Esteemed Contributor

Wire and snap bar!  No posts, ever, any kind of earring.

Don't care if the piercing shows, as long as the earring swings.  I hate static pieces on my ears and around my face.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Either closure is fine with me as long as the part that goes thru my piercing isn't too fat. The opening in my ears is small and fat posts hurt! I am not a dangling earring wearer nor do I wear hoops a lot, so the holes in my ears don't get a lot of tension on them, and haven't stretched out at all.

Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Wire and snap bar!  No posts, ever, any kind of earring.

Don't care if the piercing shows, as long as the earring swings.  I hate static pieces on my ears and around my face.

Totally agree 100%, @Sweetbay magnolia !!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Posts bother my ears, I get cysts. I prefer the snap and bar closure on hoops and lever backs or shepherds hooks with stoppers. 

Also, can only wear solid gold. Silver ladies you are lucky.

Honored Contributor

Snap bar

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Posts bother my ears, I get cysts. I prefer the snap and bar closure on hoops and lever backs or shepherds hooks with stoppers. 

Also, can only wear solid gold. Silver ladies you are lucky.

@IMW  Can you wear white gold if you want the white metal look?

Honored Contributor

Snap bar, especially the kind that has the 'clicker back' instead of the 'rabbit ears'.

Clicker back or latch back hoops:

3085688.jpg

Regular Contributor

lever back closure for sure ( or snap bar)

Trusted Contributor

i like snap bar, lever back, or wire that’s inserted back into the hoop. i don’t like post and back because that means the earring is not a full circle, and i don’t like that look.