Respected Contributor

Re: HONORA @ BED, BATH & BEYOND NOW

I have to agree with those who find this somewhat of a negative. It just paints a picture of a company whose brand has lost so much of its cache that it must resort to selling its jewelry at a big box home goods store.

Pretty soon they will be selling ""tin cup"" style pearl necklaces strung on tin wire at the dollar store. I can see it now. Maybe they'll call it ""Tinza.""

Super Contributor

Wow, pick up a wash cloth and a bar of soap and dont forget the pearls. What were they thinking, that's deplorable.

And I might add that people really ought to just stop saying this high end BS if it isnt because that is what you call a LIE.

Occasional Contributor

Hey all! I went to my local BBB store and found out that the Honora Pearls are only available through them online! No pears in the brick and mortar BBBs, so it kind of makes some sort of sense -- I mean Brides registering and shopping online need bridesmaid gifts and they can take care of all in one pass, so it's convenient. These days, convenience and top of mind go hand in hand I guess. I don't fault the marketing crew at Honora -- they're just trying to come up with ways to reach their target audience. I almost wish there were more brick and mortar outlets from which to purchase my Honora Pearls, since variety, selection and price are what make the retail world go 'round.

Respected Contributor

Yup...online only. So I went there and purchased the Halo combo 36"" that I've been wanting for a long time and I LOVE it! Beautiful pearls! Way better price than other places I looked for this exact same item too so what's the problem? I'm happy!

Super Contributor

This is surprising to me! I wonder why they are doing this?

I am also wondering what QVC is going to think of this.....maybe they won't want to carry Honora any longer if this is what Honora considers a good business move.

I agree with everyone else that thinks this is a step down for Honora.

Super Contributor

Oh no! I hope the quality won't suffer. I shop BB&B all the time, and love it, I just don't want to buy pearls there. I frankly can't image the connection between pillow cases and pearls.
Trusted Contributor

Did it ever cross your minds that this is a different line of Honora exclusively for BB&B. I remember reading lots of comments regarding the Liz Claiborne New York line on QVC not being anywhere near the quality that everyone was accustomed to. Well, that because the LCNY "line" on QVC is not the same line that was in Macy's or Bloomingdales. Just as the JC Penny line of Liz Claiborne is not the same as the line on QVC. You all know this. Dennis, Isaac and George Simonton all have other lines besides QVC. Perhaps this is the case with Honora. I suspect that QVC gets better quality pearls and metals and the designs are specifically created for QVC.

Valued Contributor

On 10/24/2014 3star said: Oh no! I hope the quality won't suffer. I shop BB&B all the time, and love it, I just don't want to buy pearls there. I frankly can't image the connection between pillow cases and pearls.

I recently ordered three pairs of Honora pearl earrings from Kohl's. They were shipped directly from Honora, New York and sent to me FexEx. They are perfect, two are the crystal and pearl drop earrings. So glad I ordered them and I was able to use a 30% off coupon and had a free shipping code found via google. I don't think Kohl's has anything to do with the transaction except share their customer exposure and handle the money transfer.

Super Contributor

I look at Honora on facebook, and they have amazing jewelry. But when, there is no distribution. It seems like they make the collection, but how big it is? There are several online retailer and none of them have all the items. Like the new Madison collection is divine, I wish they offer it on QVC. It is somewhat pricy, but cheaper than their Ming line. So why not?

Super Contributor

Wow, what a step down. Who would expect to buy pearls in a home good store. They sold the company and got their millions, they don't care. I wouldn't be surprised to see them disappear from QVC.