Frequent Contributor

I  have lovely pieces large and small. I think it depends more on the cutting and what treatment was done as to the color saturation.

My pieces range from a very pale honker I got very inexpensive on HSN during a Tuscon event to a more olive green and everything in between... I really love all of the shades.

This might help:

What is Prasiolite?

Prasiolite is a yellow-green to green variety of quartz that is cut into faceted stones for use in jewelry or purchased by gemstone collectors. It is produced by the three processes described below:

Heat-Treated Amethyst: Most prasiolite is produced by heating natural amethyst in a laboratory oven to about 500 degrees Celsius. This heating changes the amethyst's color from purple to green or yellowish green. [1]

Irradiated Amethyst: A small amount of prasiolite is produced by irradiating natural amethyst. This produces prasiolite with a light green color. The green color is often unstable and can fade to colorless if the stone is exposed to temperatures over about 150 degrees Celsius.

Naturally Heated Amethyst: Another small amount of amethyst is heated by natural processes. It is found where an amethyst-bearing rock unit has been heated by younger lava flows or nearby intrusions.

Honored Contributor

I bought a trillion cut ring in Prasiolite from JTV, it is lovely, the stone runs light, it is also called mint quartz. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered these prasiolite earrings on Etsy. $85. More than I wanted to spend but I fell in love with them.

They're perfect for me, will show up in my brown hair. I just love the stones. One of a kind too, I got the only pair.

il_570xN.1794543769_ipmx.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Frequent Contributor

so pretty and look great w/ your eyes I presume

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I ordered these prasiolite earrings on Etsy. $85. More than I wanted to spend but I fell in love with them.

They're perfect for me, will show up in my brown hair. I just love the stones. One of a kind too, I got the only pair.

Super Contributor

Green amethyst is a beautiful gemstone. The soothing light green color is the highlight of the stone. I have a good collection of this gemstone jewelry. One of my all-time favorite.

Honored Contributor

@perfumera De La Luz wrote:

so pretty and look great w/ your eyes I presume

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Those are very lovelySmiley Happy

Regular Contributor

That ring is beautiful!

I have an Effy necklace that was $1600. and eventually got it for $400. -It is sterling, lack onyx and the stone is framed in 14K gold.

The markup on jewelry is just outrageous though!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@perfumera De La Luz wrote:

I  have lovely pieces large and small. I think it depends more on the cutting and what treatment was done as to the color saturation.

My pieces range from a very pale honker I got very inexpensive on HSN during a Tuscon event to a more olive green and everything in between... I really love all of the shades.

This might help:

What is Prasiolite?

Prasiolite is a yellow-green to green variety of quartz that is cut into faceted stones for use in jewelry or purchased by gemstone collectors. It is produced by the three processes described below:

Heat-Treated Amethyst: Most prasiolite is produced by heating natural amethyst in a laboratory oven to about 500 degrees Celsius. This heating changes the amethyst's color from purple to green or yellowish green. [1]

Irradiated Amethyst: A small amount of prasiolite is produced by irradiating natural amethyst. This produces prasiolite with a light green color. The green color is often unstable and can fade to colorless if the stone is exposed to temperatures over about 150 degrees Celsius.

Naturally Heated Amethyst: Another small amount of amethyst is heated by natural processes. It is found where an amethyst-bearing rock unit has been heated by younger lava flows or nearby intrusions.

@perfumera De La Luz :  You last definition is not amethyst but natural Prasiolite, which is rare. Just like Citrine. If I want to own this gem, I will have to choose the ones with last definition. But they probably are expensive. It's possibly that their color could fade on the sun.

Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 : Those earrings are stunning! The briolette cut is well done.

Super Contributor

Greeneyedlady. I love these earrings! You should buy them. If by chance you're not happy with them you can always send them back.

I have a couple of pieces and love them.

I would say, stick to earrings or necklaces because like some others said, it's a little bit of a softer stone.

I hope you get them. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from buying them.