Honored Contributor

I don't own any and hard as I try I can't stop thinking about buying something. Is it really washed out when it's less expensive, can you even see the green? I understand that it's not a dark stone, but I don't want it to look clear either.

I found these earrings on Overstock of all places and thought they were beautiful

Miadora-Sterling-Silver-Green-Amethyst-and-Created-White-Sapphire-Earrings-cb560fce-6a2e-4584-af31-f1b02d73032f_600.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I don't own any and hard as I try I can't stop thinking about buying something. Is it really washed out when it's less expensive, can you even see the green? I understand that it's not a dark stone, but I don't want it to look clear either.

I found these earrings on Overstock of all places and thought they were beautiful

@Greeneyedlady21 

I have some very pretty pieces.  

For color comparison check JTV dot com.

Happy shopping!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Probably listed at JTV as Praseolite.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Green Amethyst

[ Edited ]

When it comes to prasiolite, the smaller the stone the less saturated the color. So if you want to see actual 'light leek green' color then choose bigger stones....a few carats in size at least.

Valued Contributor

The prasiolite that I bought years ago was very pretty but it scratched easily.  After a few months it looked awful and I junked it.

Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I should have added that pear-shaped anything is my favorite and you would probably have no problem with earrings getting scratched.

Honored Contributor

I bought a ring at TJ Maxx, good size stone, great saturated color

Honored Contributor
Those earrings are lovely😁
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Miadora-Sterling-Silver-Green-Amethyst-and-Created-White-Sapphire-Earrings-cb560fce-6a2e-4584-af31-f1b02d73032f_600.jpg

These are very beautiful, feminine, well made earrings.  Green amethyst is prasiolite. It is really clear, translucent, pale green stone. Just one particular mine in Brazil produces better ones. Michael Valetutti explained i5 some years ago. By the way his praseolites are pretty saturated,if you like his designs.. It is actually perfect spring pastel stone!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't know how many carats Kate's various green amethyst earrings are. But they sure are beautiful and I love the color 

• kiki-mcdonough-green_amethyst_yg1.jpg398591560_orig.jpg
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"