Super Contributor

Grandidierite (gem) show on Shop LC

Grandidierite, one of the rarest gems was presented yesterday on Shop LC show event.

Anyone watched it? The gem has a lovely blue- green color. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Grandidierite (gem) show on Shop LC

Yes, I watched a few shows but didn't buy anything. That gem reminds me of a very cloudy light-colored emerald...like a murky-looking Colombian variety as for it's color.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee I bought a Grandidierite earrings because of the gem's rarity. I love unusual gems.

Respected Contributor

Lots of things are rare, but that doesn't mean I need to own them.  I've seen that gemstone on LC before, and I'll just say nicely that I think it's unattractive.  IMO, LC does a hard sell on lots of questionable "gems" just to get people to buy them.  I always ask myself, "Is this something I love and will wear often?"  If not, then there's no use in me buying it.  If you really liked the gem and the earring design (and weren't just being "sold"), then by all means you should have it. 

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I saw it, they've been selling it for a while.  I don't like it.  I don't care if it's rare, I think it's an ugly stone.  First a stone must be be pretty for me, if it isn't pretty I don't care how rare it is.  I don't even care if it's expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Margui.  If you hurry, here's one you can snatch up on eBay; 560ct.  I think they're kind of pretty, remind me of Amazonite.  At 7.5 on the mohs scale, they're a decent hardness.  So many exotic stones are too soft.

Screenshot_20190110-201746.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 I wish! But that piece is completely out of my budget. Thank you.