Honored Contributor

Re: Grace Kelly's bracelet in Rear Window (memorable movie jewelry)

This is not movie, but television, but if you've seen old episodes of Rosemary & Thyme (PBS), you may have noticed Rosemary and Laura typically wearing some sort of beaded necklaces or something similar.  They inspired me to buy some similar ones from Carolyn Pollack.

Related image

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I've only seen a few of those episodes, @GingerPeach, but remember liking those two sleuths!  How could I have missed their jewelry.  Hope they cycle that series around again.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

I see them on my tv listings every once in a while, but years ago I became so enamored I just bought the whole series on DVD.  I expect I will always love them.  

Rosemary, the learned professor, and Laura, the former policewoman, most of whose family are the same.  Perfect combo.  And the scenery.  And the floral arrangements.  Not too "cozy," but enough.

Honored Contributor

You sum them up perfectly, @GingerPeach!  I must put them on my list of "must-get" DVD's...

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Oznell

That means even more coming from a wordsmith like yourself.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntMamewrote:

wrote:

I watched Rear Window today and was struck once more by how well Grace Kelly wore clothes.  And if you've forgotten, her chunky charm bracelet of pearls and gold worn with that gorgeous green suit.

Anyone else want to share any memorable movie jewelry?

I've always loved that scene from Rear Window! There's something so, so sexy about the way her charm bracelet jingles softly as she's making out with James Stewart. I think it's the sexiest jewelry scene ever filmed in the movies.

And Edith Head's costumes are so delicious.

Thank you for posting the pic!

@AuntMame I always loved the sound of her bracelet, too! That movie is perfection! My music professor's uncle did the sound for that movie, and it's great, especially since he was able to capture the feel of the courtyard with sound coming from all different areas.