Honored Contributor

Re: Grace Kelly collection vs Jacqueline Kennedy collection

We don't often see many (if any) simulated emerald necklaces.   I believe that it's not an easy task (simulated emerald).  Love that beautiful necklace!   Enjoy!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I ordered two bracelets - they were on waitlist so don't know if I will get or not.  Love both the Kelly and Jacqueline Kennedy collections.

I was very disappointed in the Audrey Hepburn, Rita Hayworth and Elizabeth Taylor collections so I'm excited to see something that looks high quality.  I have the Jackie Kennedy pearls and they are gorgeous. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only thing I ever purchased from the Jackie Kennedy Collection was the Chanel copy of the paperclip necklace.  I love it.  It is a cool necklace and so versatile.

I liked the wheat chain three strand necklace and matching bracelet, but it is on waitlist.

Valued Contributor

I think I saw that QVC was going to re-do the paper clip necklace as a TSV. 

Honored Contributor

I wish I had seen the Grace Kelly show. She was so beautiful, I love looking at photos of her. 

Don't own any of the Jackie jewelry, I always did want the paper clip necklace. Years ago my mother ordered the emerald ring posted earlier, she returned it because she didn't like the stones. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I like PK's presentations and I did watch the show, but I was never interested in or a fan of GK and didn't order any of the jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

@pupwhipped,

I totally agree with you he is a great story teller and he uses Swarovski crystals. The  pieces I have from Jackie are still impeccable. Monaco's jewels were not that impressive however I found a few things🌻

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

dooBdoo wrote:

alliswell wrote:

Phil Katz's stories make both collections fascinating.  Listening to the story behind a piece of jewelry, such as the "Rue de Paris" necklace, which was purchased by Grace Kelly at auction, was created originally by Coco Chanel from cobblestones and wine bottle glass, makes me want to purchase the replica.  The problem is, it sold out!  

@alliswell,   The "Princess Grace Parisian Station Necklace" is still available on the Smithsonian Museum Store website, if you're interested.   I agree, Phil Katz makes both collections fascinating.   I enjoyed the show, and although they said there woudn't be more this year I hope they return in 2018.

@alliswell, and anyone else interested...   I just noticed the Smithsonian Museum Store has a promotion ending Monday night -- an additional 25% off ALL sale and clearance merchandise.   

This includes some of the Princess Grace and Jacqueline Kennedy jewelry.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

saltysails wrote:

I think I saw that QVC was going to re-do the paper clip necklace as a TSV. 

@saltysails,  My understanding was that QVC won't be presenting any additional Jackie Kennedy pieces.   You still can find the paperclip necklace at Smithsonian Museum Shop.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Today there are 240 pieces of JBK jewelry on the Bay.