Valued Contributor

Gossip watches....yay or nay??

I purchased a Gossip watch from the Q two years ago. It keeps great time....most of the time. Every once in a while it stops working, and then starts up again. I have replaced the battery, but that did not end the problem.

Anyway, my question is...did I just happen to get a bad watch? I am thinking of replacing this one with a Gossip boyfriend watch that was recently on the air...but am a little reluctant. The watch I want has great reviews...but it is new.

So ladies, for those of you that have a Gossip watch---do you find them reliable??

(BTW--I would have returned my current watch to the Q, but I didn't have any problem with it until after the 30 days had passed Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Re: Gossip watches....yay or nay??

How did you replace the Gossip watch battery?  I have a lot of them that I have been hanging onto but no one seems to know how to replace the batteries in them.

Honored Contributor

I would try replacing another battery in the watch. Sometimes you get a bad battery.

Respected Contributor

I have a few Gossip watches from the Q from years ago. I am having the same problem, they stop working, I take it  to the jewelry store and replace the batteries and a few months later they stop working again. I believe the watches are inferior.

Respected Contributor

@TAndres wrote:

How did you replace the Gossip watch battery?  I have a lot of them that I have been hanging onto but no one seems to know how to replace the batteries in them.

@TAndres I take my watches to the jewelry store and have the batteries replaced. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would try replacing another battery in the watch. Sometimes you get a bad battery.

@SilleeMee I have replaced the batteries in my Gossip watches numerous times and they will work for a short period of time and stop again, I have a few gGossip watchs and they all stop working. I believe it is the watches and not the batteries.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom 

Do you pull the stem out to save the battery life? If you do then dust can get inside the watch and cause problems that way. Never pull the stem out and leave it that way. Always store watches with stems pushed in.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee no I do not pull the stem out. I have many watches that I keep in a watch case, I usually wear a dufferent watch everyday so I never pull the stems out.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@DJs mom 

Do you pull the stem out to save the battery life? If you do then dust can get inside the watch and cause problems that way. Never pull the stem out and leave it that way. Always store watches with stems pushed in.

The last time I went to have my watch batteries replaced, I said something to my jeweler about this and he said that is not true and that all watches should be stored with the stem pulled out to save battery life, if you aren't wearing them everday.

The funny thing is one of the owners of that store is the one who told me never pull the stem.  This guy looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said something to him about it and swears no one would have told me that because it's not true.  I pull my stems. Not sure how dust would get in there anyhow.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pulling the stem out doesn't extend battery life. It just stops the wheels from spinning and the battery is still supplying the watch with power...you just can't see it. 

Dust and humidity can get inside when the stem is pulled. The stem has an O-ring to keep out moisture as well as dust.