Honored Contributor

Gorged myself on 18K (Shophq) today But....

[ Edited ]

But I had room for QVC. A charm bracelet (silver one, I already got an 18K one)  JAI sterling butterfly charm bracelet.  It's a heavy piece (not cheap for silver) J411299  Got the average (7 1/4)  This one is going to sell.  Very cute.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gorged myselft on 18K (Shophq) today

beautiful!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheMemphisVette  I'm biting the bullet because it is Sterling.  But I adore charm bracelet....especially old timey kind.  So I did get this.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird Oh how pretty! I don't wear bracelets but this charm bracelet is soooo pretty. I love silver, not a big fan of gold.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gorged myself on 18K (Shophq) today But....

@songbird 

I thought you didn't like maintenance of regular sterling, which this is. Get out your polishing cloth, LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird 

I thought you didn't like maintenance of regular sterling, which this is. Get out your polishing cloth, LOL!

You better believe it.  It's already tarnished when it comes.  It is JAI after all.  Hate the metal but I'll put up with the silver.  This will be the 3rd sterling silver I've ever owned.  I'll have invest in several pounds of polishing cloth. Seriously. I ordered some a while ago from Amazon.  I'm going to need it. I got the Sunshine clothes.  I hope they'll be OK.  Should I have purchased a silver cleaner? Or is a cloth OK?

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird 

You better beleive it.  It's already tarnished when it comes.  It is JAI after all.  Hate the metal but I'll put up with the silver.  This will be the 3rd sterling silver I've ever owned.  I'll have invest in several pounds of polishing cloth. Seriously. I ordered some a while ago from Amazon.  I'm going to need it. I got the Sunshine clothes.  I hope they'll be OK.  Should I have purchased a silver cleaner? Or is a cloth OK?

@songbird 

On a piece like this with oxidation, I'd use a cloth...otherwise, if you're dipping it, you'd strip out that oxidation. The best cleaner I've ever bought that doesn't hurt most jewelry is from HSN called "Sparkle Sparkle." Spray it on, wait a little while, rinse and polish with soft, untreated cloth. Use it on my gold, too.

I hear you on ShopHQ with the gold today!

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1  Thanks. I'll try sparkle sparkle.  I've rarely if ever purchased anything from HSN, but I'll down there & update my credit card.  

Respected Contributor

this is what i use.  no dipping, no creams, no harming purpose oxidation

silverpolishingcloth2.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird   I know you're not a fan of silver but I love the weighty pieces from DY & JH.  JAI pieces blend right in the mix!  Just soak the pieces in a bowl of warm water & dish detergent (like Dawn)  Then rinse & dry with a clean cloth.  This is how I clean mine without damaging the pieces.  The more you wear the less you have to polish.  Enjoy the bracelet - it's beautiful!