Honored Contributor

Good News about my 18K ring

[ Edited ]

Back in December, I ordered J486214.  This was during the jewelry show, when all gold picces were on sale.  This was one of them. This was an 18K gold Arte d'Oro ring with my name engraved on top.  Another company makes the ring and puts your name on top of it.  My original delivery date was 1/12/20.  When I didn't get it, I called QVC.  Today I found out it shipped.  They had told me originally that the company shipped it out using....you guessed it  USPS!  50-50 chance of receiving in January.  Now I found at it has a fighting chance.  It will be part of UPS innovation.  So at least part of it will be UPS.  So I don't feel so bad.  (I'm still waiting for a package that was sent out in late December) 

Here's the ring

Honored Contributor

Re: Good News about my 18K ring

I'm finding my shippng problems arise when UPS/USPS have been used.  Either one alone has faired better with many shippers.  I'm anxious to hear your impression of this ring when it arrives, with photo, if possible.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@depglass  I"ve found UPS is the best of the bunch.  I always get in the time expected.  FedEx not so great.  I'm had package delivered and it's not there.  Not so great surprises are my experience with that company.  USPS well it's pretty bad now.  Because of COVID 19.  I ordered 2 things from EBay.  One arrived and the other didn't, lost it the black hole of the post office. That's why I think I have a 50-50 chance with the Post Office.

Honored Contributor

I will wonder forever why the problem is so random, but I do hope you get to wear your ring soon

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I will wonder forever why the problem is so random, but I do hope you get to wear your ring soon

yes.  It is random!  Someo people get it on time....othrs not so great.  Just annoyed that it was this instead of all UPS

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  Hope you get it soon!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our local news station had a piece on last week that showed the US postal service still holding thousands of boxes that appeared to be Christmas gifts.

They explained that FedEX and UPS stopped shipping for some big companies when they got overwelmed right before Christmas.

The  USPS was the only mainstream shipper and they were getting up to 6 million more pieces a day to ship.  Around the same time, many of their employees were off with COVID.  Some areas, especially those close to big cities and near big warehouses got really behind.

The PO said they are still working to deliver these packages and asked everyone to be patient.

We don't seem to having a problem with delayed mail, but some of our CC bills have not been received on time.  Bank of America comes to mind. Thankfully, I get e-mails telling me they are due and we pay them on line, so they are not late.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My ring came....and it's gorgeous!  Problem Is I can't get a picture of it very well.  You can see my name (cut in white gold) on the front of the ring.  The ring itself is very simple wide band ring.  I looks and feels solid.   This took a while to get.  Over a month!  Another company had to engrave it and return to QVC, which ships it to me.  In natural daylight, it looks spectacular.  You can really see my name.  Yes, it did come with UPS innovation, but I got it smoothly.  This time, no delays.  I have slim fingers.  On my right hand (fingers bigger) I got the size 6.  It's a wide band, but it still fits.  It has a "silk" fit.  Very smooth over the finger.

Honored Contributor

Glad it finally showed up.  What is underneath the name cut out, what is shown in QVC's pic, or your skin?  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Glad it finally showed up.  What is underneath the name cut out, what is shown in QVC's pic, or your skin?  

NOT my skin. There is gold under the cuts.  They couldn't either.  It would look weird.  I could take off the ring and see letter holes on the underside.  It's engraved like other jewelry, except it diamond cut in to the ring.  Just not all the way through.  If it was, I would have returned it immediately.