Honored Contributor

I own gold coins which are more valuable than gold jewelry. Buying gold now is wise b/c the price is on an upward trend right now. If you wait until tomorrow then you will pay more, no doubt. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Gold is going way up

[ Edited ]

I have a one ounce gold ingot I am waiting to sell when gold reachs $4000 an ounce... I received it as a gift when gold was at $1,268.93 in 2018.

I sold a lot of gold jewelry I was not wearing in 2013, when gold was at $1,409.51  and made about $15,000. I kept the pieces I enjoy only.   I bought a lot of gold jewelry back about 1994 when when  gold was at  around $400 an ounce... beautiful jewery from the shopping channel Value Vision ... later ShopNBC.... NOW ShopHQ.  I had pieces weighing 90 grams. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, I have gorgeous gold pieces from the old SHQ from 20 years ago, worth a fortune today. Charla and Karen could sell me anything back then. 

Honored Contributor

now, it's down this morning.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE Stocks up, gold down.  Stocks down, gold up. Wow has the stock market been in free fall lately!  Yikes.  I think we are in for a long time of this. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently took in my 18k/diamond engagement ring for an estimate to repair the setting . The repair was more $ than I wanted to spend, but the jeweler (a person I absolutely trust) offered to buy the setting from me. I declined (for now) as I don't need the $ at this time.

I was also a gold buyer in recent weeks: two 14k /diamond rings. Both purchased on the secondary market. One was from a jewelry store that sells a lot of "estate" pieces- mostly rings. It's just what I have been looking for to add to my collection and to wear often.The price was right on this one-of-a-kind ring. It fit, so I guess it was meant to be! The other was bought on a local fb buy/sell site. I know I bought low and will enjoy wearing it until gold goes over $2,000/ oz, whenever that may be.

Not even tempted by any 14k jewelry from QVC or any other online retailer. QVC's gold offerings are, IMO, limited, nothing special, overpriced and under-quality Made in China gold. Pass.

When I tried to sell my Eterna Gold years ago the jeweler rejected it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I agree, I have gorgeous gold pieces from the old SHQ from 20 years ago, worth a fortune today. Charla and Karen could sell me anything back then. 

@Shelbelle     I bought so much because of Charla! She was a lot of fun.v   I especially enjoyed Charla  hosting Isomers with Manula.  They were great together

Honored Contributor

Gold up again 1918.00

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Gold up again 1918.00

We sold some stock (had a profit) and purchased more gold mine shares.  

Honored Contributor

not sure how that works, but, I would had bought when it was low and held onto it till it went up  then sold it when it goes to 2,000 or better. Course IRS will share in the happiness. LOL